iOS Help

Community contributed apps
lnevo

Re: iOS Help

Post by lnevo »

You need 5 posts or wait till Roberto adjusts your account. Glad you decided to come help! Welcome!!!
rimai

Post by rimai »

I removed the restriction :)
Did you download Curt's code yet?
What do you think it is easier?
To start from scratch or continue from what Curt has done already?
I've got the UI design. It looks so sweet :)
Roberto.
motti_horesh

Post by motti_horesh »

Looked at it briefly last night (whatever was on his github page). You could go in several directions with this development. Could you share the new UI with me?
rimai

Post by rimai »

Here they are.
I have the PSD files with all layers for you. Would that work?

I hope everyone likes them :)
coverpage.png
coverpage.png (86.47 KiB) Viewed 15284 times
page1_status.png
page1_status.png (91.74 KiB) Viewed 15284 times
page2.png
page2.png (98.86 KiB) Viewed 15284 times
page3.png
page3.png (94.99 KiB) Viewed 15284 times
page4.png
page4.png (94.33 KiB) Viewed 15284 times
Roberto.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

I like :)
motti_horesh

Post by motti_horesh »

Looks really sweet :P :P :P :P

By the way, have you guys considered developing using phonegap/apache cardova? there are pretty sweet frameworks out there that can help with really quick development.

Phonegap has improved significally over the past year and become much much faster, (almost as fast as a native app), also if we go that route we could utilize many of the cool js graphing libraries that are out there.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Awesome :)
Whichever framework is fine. I don't think the end user cares. It's the choice of the developer :)
And since you already work with nodejs, it would definitely make things easier, right?
And it seems to me that you could compile it for both iphone and android. Am I correct?
We only have one requirement.... Your source code must be ope source, ok?
Preferably hosted on github, but if you are already used to google or any other code management provider, it wouldn't be the end of the world.
So, are you up to giving it a shot?
Roberto.
motti_horesh

Post by motti_horesh »

rimai wrote:Awesome :)
Whichever framework is fine. I don't think the end user cares. It's the choice of the developer :)
And since you already work with nodejs, it would definitely make things easier, right?
And it seems to me that you could compile it for both iphone and android. Am I correct?
We only have one requirement.... Your source code must be ope source, ok?
Preferably hosted on github, but if you are already used to google or any other code management provider, it wouldn't be the end of the world.
So, are you up to giving it a shot?

Sounds good, I could start working on it probably tomorrow night, need to drive to pick up 4 jebao pumps tonight. would you be able to share the PSD with me?

The benefit of working with phonegap is that you develop the app once, and then you can compile it to run on iOS, Android, webOS, Window phone, blackberry and few other devices.

Regarding VC, i personally prefer gitHub, could start a repo, or could use something you have setup already

one last thing, ( i keep on editing this post ), would you be able to send me few sample of the communication protocol, i assume the controller provide xml/json data to the app right?
Christo

Post by Christo »

Any Progress on this Project! Really looking forward to the new App.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

+1 was thinking about this the other day :)
binder

Post by binder »

yeah, same here. im getting close to my renewal to my ios subscription. plus im wanting some improvements to the app for ios people...they suffer enough with ios. ;-)

Sent from my iPad mini
motti_horesh

Post by motti_horesh »

Sorry guys, I've been super busy in the past few weeks with work and some relatives who came to stay with us for two weeks :roll:

I am planning to wrap up the UI by sunday, at least the stuff i got from design. will post a preview link later on sunday.
wolffman64

Post by wolffman64 »

Following this with excitement!
Seedlessone

Post by Seedlessone »

Any updates? Thanks
Poiromaniax

Post by Poiromaniax »

Just to add. The current version of the app does not work with dyndns.

I have been trying for ages, just pops up an error "error parsing XML data"

Also. What is the functionality of the portal username in settings?
binder

Post by binder »

Poiromaniax wrote:Just to add. The current version of the app does not work with dyndns.

hmmm...it should work with dyndns. that shouldnt make much difference if you are using dyndns. there could be an issue with the parsing of the xml data that is getting you. i will have to look at that then. what version of the libraries are you using?

the portal username does not do anything currently. it was added as a forward thinking strategy.

Sent from my iPad mini
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

He is using an older lib since he had a size issue..that could definitely be causing it.
Poiromaniax

Post by Poiromaniax »

binder wrote:
Poiromaniax wrote:Just to add. The current version of the app does not work with dyndns.

hmmm...it should work with dyndns. that shouldnt make much difference if you are using dyndns. there could be an issue with the parsing of the xml data that is getting you. i will have to look at that then. what version of the libraries are you using?

the portal username does not do anything currently. it was added as a forward thinking strategy.

Sent from my iPad mini
lnevo wrote:He is using an older lib since he had a size issue..that could definitely be causing it.
Currently I'm on 1.0.7 because of size, but direct IP address connection works fine. It's odd, dyndns on the app has never worked for me
binder

Post by binder »

hmmm...that is bizarre with dyndns not working. i would not have thought that at all. a puzzler indeed.

Sent from my iPad mini
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Honestly, you said you had problems when the portal gets the IP address from your controller and getting stuck. Thats the same thing dyndns does...your provider could be doing something odd on their network with load balancing and/or nat'ing your outbound connection.
Poiromaniax

iOS Help

Post by Poiromaniax »

lnevo wrote:Honestly, you said you had problems when the portal gets the IP address from your controller and getting stuck. Thats the same thing dyndns does...your provider could be doing something odd on their network with load balancing and/or nat'ing your outbound connection.
I've never had issues with any of my other dyndns connections (VPN, web based ui for an application)

What happens on the portal is that the portal removes my dyndns address from the settings and replaces it with whatever the controller sends it. So if my AP closest to the RA gets turned off or reboots (happens sometimes), then the RA doesn't automatically reconnect to the wifi when it comes back up. I have to unplug the wifi module and replug. This is when the portal gets "stuck"

I can browse to the RA web server using my dyndns address with no problem, every time. Never get any errors
morn623

Post by morn623 »

Am I correct in assuming the iPhone app does not currently work to access your RA remotely? I think I've tried everything and can't get it to work. I am able to access my RA through the portal so I imagine the issue has to be with the app.
binder

Post by binder »

morn623 wrote:Am I correct in assuming the iPhone app does not currently work to access your RA remotely? I think I've tried everything and can't get it to work. I am able to access my RA through the portal so I imagine the issue has to be with the app.
no. it works. i have it installed on my ipad. i have only heard of 1 person who had issues with the dyndns resolution and using the app (previously mentioned).
the app for ios 7 is limited in what it can do but it should work.

Sent from my iPad mini
Seedlessone

Post by Seedlessone »

Can we try to take donations so we can hire someone to build app? I know a few people that I could get some leads for pricing...

Total first world problems here, but the lack of a full blown IOS app kills the RA for me.

And please dont get me wrong I apprciate the new app greatly, its just not as full featured as the andriod version.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

It's being worked on by Motti. Hopefully he can give us a status update soon.
Seedlessone

Post by Seedlessone »

lnevo wrote:It's being worked on by Motti. Hopefully he can give us a status update soon.
He was suppose to update us like 3 weeks ago. Not being a downer but Im starting to loose faith.
Seedlessone

Post by Seedlessone »

Actually put some more hands on with the new app. Its acutally pretty darn good and Curt has done a great job. I know that IOS is not his forte.

The only big thing now and its acutally not that big is the ability to rename ports. Curt is this an easy add on?
binder

Post by binder »

Seedlessone wrote:Actually put some more hands on with the new app. Its acutally pretty darn good and Curt has done a great job. I know that IOS is not his forte.

The only big thing now and its acutally not that big is the ability to rename ports. Curt is this an easy add on?
I'm not sure. I will have to check on it more. the nice thing is I use logic and code from my Android app to help out (just have to convert it to obj c).

thanks for the feedback :-)

Sent from my Moto X
Poiromaniax

Post by Poiromaniax »

binder wrote:
morn623 wrote:Am I correct in assuming the iPhone app does not currently work to access your RA remotely? I think I've tried everything and can't get it to work. I am able to access my RA through the portal so I imagine the issue has to be with the app.
no. it works. i have it installed on my ipad. i have only heard of 1 person who had issues with the dyndns resolution and using the app (previously mentioned).

Sent from my iPad mini

Is there any way I can logs from the app so you can check my issue? (I have Xcode on my laptop)
binder

Post by binder »

Poiromaniax wrote:
binder wrote:

Sent from my iPad mini

Is there any way I can logs from the app so you can check my issue? (I have Xcode on my laptop)
you should be able to download my project from github and then just run it through the emulator and look at the output log window.

Sent from my iPad mini