Client Suite

Community contributed apps
chase

Client Suite

Post by chase »

I forget how, but I remember there was a way to query relay status through the wifi adapter that came up in a long graphical display for each port. Is there a way to create custom/additional trends similiar to the ATO High & Low status with the client suite?

Edit: Found the relay status link (http://www.reefangel.com/status/plot.asp?id=<userid>)
dmolton

Re: Client Suite

Post by dmolton »

Yeah, this seems to be a popular request. I was always hesitant to add it because I thought it wouldn't be entirely accurate and it was possible to miss entire On/Off events within the 15 second window that it takes to query the controller.

Also we don't know exactly when a relay toggled. Just that it happened within a 15 second timeframe. So the relay might have switched on for 4 seconds or 25 seconds. Currently, the best we can do on the Client is show it as 30 seconds. I just don't want to misrepresent anything that happened to your tank on screen. If you're expecting your doser to only pop on for 7 seconds and you see a 30 second event on the client..... Or maybe I just add it with the understanding that it's more of a 10,000 foot overview and it's possible for some things to be missed or the on/off times displayed aren't 100% accurate, rather just a quick snapshot of whats happening with your equipment. If people are cool with that, which it seems like they are, I wouldn't mind adding it.

The good news is, Roberto is no slouch and a better way of collecting this data is in the works. It might be possible for Curt to update his Relay On/Off functions in the libs so that when they fire - a snapshot of the controller's state is stored for us to retrieve later on. ;) ;)

^^ If that happens then, we will be able to display a very detailed and precise description of what's going on with your tank AND equipment throughout the day.
chase

Post by chase »

dmolton wrote:The good news is, Roberto is no slouch and a better way of collecting this data is in the works. It might be possible for Curt to update his Relay On/Off functions in the libs so that when they fire - a snapshot of the controller's state is stored for us to retrieve later on. ;) ;)
Great idea! I agree with the accuracy issue, but the way you mentioned would be the best solution IMO since so many relays are switched on and off at various intervals/durations.
binder

Post by binder »

dmolton wrote: The good news is, Roberto is no slouch and a better way of collecting this data is in the works. It might be possible for Curt to update his Relay On/Off functions in the libs so that when they fire - a snapshot of the controller's state is stored for us to retrieve later on. ;) ;)

^^ If that happens then, we will be able to display a very detailed and precise description of what's going on with your tank AND equipment throughout the day.
So you are saying that having the ATO logging isn't enough for you??? you want MORE?? Geesh, will you ever be happy. ;-)

curt