Universal App

Community contributed apps

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:21 pm
Hi everyone,

I started to develop a universal app that can be compiled in multiple platforms, including iOS, Android and Windows.
The goal is to create a functional app that will work on iOS7, and the other platforms just got a bonus :)
Codename: U-App
Open to suggestions for a better name.

Android users don't require any special method to install APK files, except just allow your phone to install apps from unknown sources.
Unsigned Android APK: download/ReefAngelUApp.apk
Android UApp.png
Android UApp.png (463 Bytes) Viewed 5275 times

This version may be necessary for Blackberry users instead of unsigned.
Singed Android APK: download/ReefAngelUApp_1.0.2.apk
ReefAngel_Uapp_1.0.2.png
ReefAngel_Uapp_1.0.2.png (652 Bytes) Viewed 4842 times

iOS users can download directly from the Apple App Store.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/reef-an ... ?ls=1&mt=8

Please let me know what you think.

Update Log:
* Initial release

* Fixed labels when multiple controllers are added
* Fixed the web charts not drawing the correct numbers
* Fixed bug that prevented the app from working when PWM was disabled
Roberto.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:50 pm
It cannot connect for me, also once I've set the ip etc, now I'm in limbo because it cannot connect.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:22 pm
Make sure you type the ip address only without http:// or : at the end.
You can always change it on the settings page. Click the far right icon.
Roberto.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:37 pm
Got it up and working. Galaxy Note 3, Android 4.4.2

Couple of things. I have to scroll down to see the last relay on each relay page. Would be nice if they all fit on a screen with no scrolling.

On the Custom Variable page, the numbers don't line up with the labels if any of the labels are longer than one line.

Maybe the "History" page would be better as a "Graphs" page, with a graph icon instead of a clock?

In the history page, the labels for the temperature probes don't show. They still say "Temperature 1", "Temperature 2", "Temperature 3".

The "Internal Memory" page under settings is empty.

Every time the app starts, it asks me to pick which controller from a list of one controller. ;) Maybe skip this screen if there is only one controller defined?

--Colin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:23 pm
Got it to work on my Nook hd+ rooted running cyanomodgen.

I only just ran through it quickly and cosmith has already stated some issues. The only thing I would add is the pop ups under DC pump are finicky and you have to click the screen just right for them to show up.

Also would be nice to have the screen adjust for tablets as the texts are kind of small. [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

Good job!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:38 am
I still can't get this to work. I'm using same settings as curts app and no go. If I keep pressing the controller name button I eventually get to the pages but no info. The one thing I can say is I think the ability to increase font size would be needed. I can't see much. What is the purpose of this app considering there are apps on the individual devices already? I am guessing it is going to be like a Java program. You can program once and port it to all devices?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:42 am
pandimus wrote:I still can't get this to work. I'm using same settings as curts app and no go. If I keep pressing the controller name button I eventually get to the pages but no info. The one thing I can say is I think the ability to increase font size would be needed. I can't see much. What is the purpose of this app considering there are apps on the individual devices already? I am guessing it is going to be like a Java program. You can program once and port it to all devices?

The purpose of this app is to have a more universal app. It's actually going to be geared more towards / for iOS since we are having trouble getting somebody to develop an iOS app. I will say this, my app will continue to be updated and maintained. So this will just be another option for people to install and use on Android and iOS.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:25 am
Ok, I've made some changes to the design and a few adjustments to the comments posted above.
I still haven't fixed the "label too long" bug though.
Let me know if it works better now.
Roberto.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:22 pm
I like it. The relay box symbol is kinda weird, though. ;)

--Colin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:52 pm
Looks good! The text and symbols have scaled up nicely for larger, tablet screens.
Next

Return to Apps