Universal App

Community contributed apps
rimai

Re: Universal App

Post by rimai »

I tried. Maybe I'm just not seeing it.
I only see the copyright available to be updated.
Here is what it let's me change:
app-details.png
app-details.png (20.45 KiB) Viewed 15492 times
Roberto.
binder

Post by binder »

hmmm....i thought i could change it. apparently i cannot. my mistake.

i originally had the same problem with the background. it cannot be transparent, needs to have a solid background.
also, the app icon needs to be square and apple rounds the corners inside ios. (i learned that one the hard way). :)
rimai

Post by rimai »

Yeah... I sent mine transparent and that's probably what is causing the issue.
Roberto.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Kudo's roberto on app store acceptance! Now we can get down to some real development and cross platform too!
pandimus

Post by pandimus »

what librarys should i be using to use this? I am on 1.07 and this app, doesnt show temp, relay activity etc.
rimai

Post by rimai »

I think you need at lead v1.0.8
Roberto.
Christo

Post by Christo »

Hi Guys!! Love the new App!! Great Work!!! Just one think how does the Graphs work? Mine does not seem to work! Keeps saying connecting to Portal..!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
binder

Post by binder »

rimai wrote:I think you need at lead v1.0.8
I think maybe even 1.1.0 because I was using 1.0.9 and it wasn't wanting to connect to my controller yesterday. I didn't get any errors but I wasn't getting any updates. of course it might have been something else with my ddns not routing properly.

Sent from my Moto X
KRavEN

Post by KRavEN »

Looks great so far Roberto!

I see you have the code in Github now so I want to help contribute. :)

Could we use github issues to collaborate or would you prefer a new development thread here?

It would be great to have a new github issue for each known bug and each unimplemented or planned feature to have a place to start from.

Looking at the code it looks like a standard PhoneGap application. Any caveats or other info I might need before diving in?
rimai

Post by rimai »

Yeah, it's a pretty standard phonegap application.
I'm working on the internal memory now and I'm using some native components, which requires a open source plugin to be used, but that 's pretty much it.
All the UI is pretty much jquerymobile components, except for the graphs.
I'd rather use github for dev issues, just like we do for the libs.
Roberto.
Albe

Post by Albe »

Roberto - great job on the IOS app, works a treat. Playing with it since yesterday, looks good.
One thing though, the graphs doesn't look right. I get different values on the app than what I get everywhere else. Also it changes the temps from celsius to fahrenheit. Could it be something just on mine?
rimai

Post by rimai »

I think it is a bug. Someone else mentioned that.
Can you open an issue in our github?
https://github.com/reefangel/U-App
Roberto.
jsclownfish

Universal App

Post by jsclownfish »

This is awesome! Thanks for all the effort to make this available. :)
caliman

Post by caliman »

Great to see development on a new iPhone app here. I came here to look just for that. Thanks Roberto!
I have it installed and the UI looks good but it's not picking up my temp, ORP, pH - just my forum ID. Not sure why. But that is my report so far. Psyched that you picked this up.
89delta

Post by 89delta »

Hi rimai,

Great work. Am using it on my Galaxy Note without a hitch. Am having some issues though when trying to use with windows 7. I run the index.html in the www folder but when it comes to downloading my labels from the portal it says JavaScript Alert :invalid forum user name. Please check your code. And when doing a local refresh I get JavaScript Alert : Timeout. Am I doing something wrong? I have the www folder on my C: drive.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Well, it doesn't really work as a standalone on the computer.
I did not dig deep to see why it fails as standalone.
Roberto.
caliman

Post by caliman »

Am I the only iPhone guy that can't get this to work?
pandimus

Post by pandimus »

caliman wrote:Am I the only iPhone guy that can't get this to work?
What's the problem?
caliman

Post by caliman »

My problem:
caliman wrote:Great to see development on a new iPhone app here. I came here to look just for that. Thanks Roberto!
I have it installed and the UI looks good but it's not picking up my temp, ORP, pH - just my forum ID. Not sure why. But that is my report so far. Psyched that you picked this up.
rimai

Post by rimai »

I think he mentioned the problem was old libraries.
Were you able to fix the libs update issue you were having?
Roberto.
89delta

Post by 89delta »

Ahhhh....ok. Would be a nice replacement to the current windows app.I like the gui on it as well ascthe control that i get from the android version.
rimai wrote:Well, it doesn't really work as a standalone on the computer.
I did not dig deep to see why it fails as standalone.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

I think if you can get it working on standalone you could use it through iphone as an HTML5 webapp. That would allow quick tests and have dev versions available without having to compile/distribute/etc. just a theory though...
caliman

Post by caliman »

rimai wrote:I think he mentioned the problem was old libraries.
Were you able to fix the libs update issue you were having?
Ah... not yet sir. I posted more info on that thread.
chachew

Post by chachew »

So i have identified the issues with the web app and why its not updating any information. You can see some of the information on another thread where i discussed the issues that i found. Basically comes down to problems with cross-domain calls to reefangel.com for XML data. I figured i should put this data into this thread because it directly relates to this application.

http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.ph ... 5&start=20

Roberto, can we get another url that will provide json data? This would clear up A LOT of the issues with the web app. Similar to the 'http://forum.reefangel.com/status/label ... eefangelid' page. I know there are multiple area in the web app that call various things from reefangel.com, so there may be more instances than just the 'labels' url being called.

Thanks,
Matt
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Maybe it would be easiest to deliver as much data as possible in one json call? Kind of like r99?

Also matt, there is a proxy.aspx that we could switch to instead of the controller directly but its just a little bit slower, but then at least its all through reefangel.com. I'd have to look at the syntax again (it was used in the old ios app) to see how its used or roberto can provide it?
rimai

Post by rimai »

Yeah, I can definitely create a label_json.aspx that dumps json instead of xml.
Roberto.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Here is my question.
The json implementation we have at the controller webserver only outputs the variable array json data.
Can it be used or it has to be changed to jsonp to return a function call??
I think before we go to reefangel.com stuff, we need to figure out how to talk to the controller itself first. The reefangel.com stuff is just cosmetics.
Roberto.
caliman

Post by caliman »

Just an FYI - this web app works with library 1.1 and not 1.0.9. Thanks for the rec on upgrading the library. That worked.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

The proxy URL is:

Code: Select all

http://forum.reefangel.com/status/proxy.aspx?u=URL_OF_YOUR_CONTROLLER_PLUS_CMD
That's one way to go through all one domain. Only issue is being dependent on internet working and RA site being up and responsive (which isn't usually an issue...)
chachew

Post by chachew »

lnevo wrote:Maybe it would be easiest to deliver as much data as possible in one json call? Kind of like r99?

Also matt, there is a proxy.aspx that we could switch to instead of the controller directly but its just a little bit slower, but then at least its all through reefangel.com. I'd have to look at the syntax again (it was used in the old ios app) to see how its used or roberto can provide it?
It would be ideal to make 1 call and get everything all at once. Then everything would be fast after the initial load. Seems like if you made one call WHILE you are adding the controller then the small wait period wouldnt be such a big deal to the end user because they are waiting on the process to load anyways.