Universal App

Community contributed apps
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:44 pm
The the dns isn't working properly. It may be working for the customer service guy cause he is probably on their network. I would suggest trying a different DDNS service. You could use the RA one, would need to look up how though, I don't use it (i need to try)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:55 pm
lnevo wrote:The the dns isn't working properly. It may be working for the customer service guy cause he is probably on their network. I would suggest trying a different DDNS service. You could use the RA one, would need to look up how though, I don't use it (i need to try)

Roberto and lnevo,

In the end it was my DDNS that wasn't working. i was wrong and i humbly apologize to both of you and also for putting you on a wild goose chase. :oops:

There is a link for everyone thats struggling with DDNS service. Follow this link viewtopic.php?t=4754
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:59 pm
No worries. Glad you got it working!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:29 pm
rimai wrote:It works as a standalone on your browser too.
http://www.reefangel.com/download/uapp.zip
You need to use the new dev branch of the libraries or update your current one.
Line 171 of Arduino\libraries\RA_Wifi\RA_Wifi.h should be:
Code: Select all
const prog_char SERVER_HEADER1[] PROGMEM = "HTTP/1.1 200 OK\r\nServer: ReefAngel\r\nCache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate\r\nPragma: no-cache\r\nAccess-Control-Allow-Origin: *\r\nAccess-Control-Allow-Methods: GET\r\nConnection: close\r\nContent-Type: text/";

It will enable CORS so the browser can make cross origin requests.
Let me know if it works.
You must be aware that I have only tested on Google Chrome as browser. I know for a fact that IE9 doesn't work.

Okay. I am running 1.1.3, and line 171 matches in RA_Wifi.h. What do I do with all of the items in the zip file, and where do I navigate to in a browser?

Thank you for leading the blind,

Dan
.....Your forefathers wisely set aside their compassion - Steeled themselves for what needed to be done.......

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:25 pm
If you are running the new libraries, just browse to the internal Webster very uapp.
http://ipaddress:2000/WiFi
Roberto.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:02 pm
rimai wrote:If you are running the new libraries, just browse to the internal Webster very uapp.
http://ipaddress:2000/WiFi

Tried on IE11, Edge, and Amazon Silk. All of them took forever to get the initial page to load. I can enter my controller specifics okay, but on the Status page it stays on "Cloud Server: Connecting..." Any thoughts? Also, what does it mean when it says "Reef Angel Star Board is required"?

Thanks,
Dan
.....Your forefathers wisely set aside their compassion - Steeled themselves for what needed to be done.......
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:32 pm
It means take out the cloud server settings. Its for a board not yet released
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:34 pm
What is the cloud server board?

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:59 pm
GiraffeCat wrote:
Tried on IE11, Edge, and Amazon Silk. All of them took forever to get the initial page to load. I can enter my controller specifics okay, but on the Status page it stays on "Cloud Server: Connecting..." Any thoughts? Also, what does it mean when it says "Reef Angel Star Board is required"?

I have the similar problem with my iPad iOS Uapp since updated to the new iOS release this morning. The status page just display "cloud server: connecting..., Last updated: Never, Forum username: unknown" and never connected. When I tried to access through Safari, it took a long time but eventually connected.

Portal, Android tablet Reef Status are both working fine.

Currently my iPad is running iOS 9.2.1, Reef Angel Uapp 2.0.5, RA Version 1.1.3.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:59 pm
If it says cloud server connecting, you entered something in the cloud server field. You must remove it or the app will try to connect through the cloud server and your controller is not capable.
The cloud server is a feature that will be used on a board not yet released.
I'm going to remove that from the app, since it is causing so much confusion.
So, make sure you don't use the cloud server settings or you will never be able to make the app work for you.
Roberto.
PreviousNext

Return to Apps