Android Features

Community contributed apps

What features would you like to see added to the Android Reef Angel Status app? (Top 3)

Homescreen widget
12%
Memory updating (reading/writing)
27%
Date & Time (checking and setting)
No votes
Detailed viewing of history (view all values instead of just temps)
23%
Automatic refreshing/reloading (specified in minutes or hours)
8%
Mode entering (Feeding or Water Change modes)
19%
Expansion Relay support
12%
Live Wallpaper (Provide suggestions for layout in comments)
No votes
More translations (Provide requested language translation in comments)
No votes
Other (Provide feature in comments)
No votes

Total votes: 26

rimai

Re: Android Features

Post by rimai »

Yay!!
Roberto.
StuGotz

Post by StuGotz »

Since you're already working on the Memory updating, I went with Detailed History, homescreen widget & auto refresh. The widget kind of goes with refreshing. If you're using the widget, refresh on unlock would be a good option to add too.

Thanks!
binder

Post by binder »

Cool. The auto-refresh is something that will be relatively simple to add in now that I've made new changes.

With the auto-refresh, would you like a list of times (1 minute, 5 minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hr, 2 hrs, 1time per day, 2times per day, etc) and then an option for a custom or always enter a custom interval?
Of course you could always refresh the values yourself manually.

curt
StuGotz

Post by StuGotz »

I think having a list of times would be easiest for everyone, with option for custom and refresh on unlock. That should suit everyone's needs.
binder

Post by binder »

Just to let everybody know, I'm doing some testing of all the features that I've added in. With all the additions, there are lots of "minor" fixes and improvements (aka, tweaks) that need to be made in order for the app to respond as needed/desired. The features that I've added are as follows:
  • Internal Memory reading / writing (full access with the known locations selectable, see a few posts back for screenshot)
  • Sending Commands: Feeding Mode, Water Change Mode, Exit Mode
  • Retrieval of controller library version
  • Detailed history viewing - still have the "simple" list in the history section, but you can "click" on the entry and view the full values (it's just a simple popup box with all the values)
  • Delete / purge history
  • Downloading all labels from your web banner
I'm also planning on adding in the ability to refresh at a specific interval. This may or may not get added into the next release. It just depends on how long all this other stuff takes to tweak. I'm going to try to get the displaying of additional expansion relays incorporated too. I just have to figure out a better way to display the data.

Anyways, with all that being said, if anybody wants to try out a pre-release version (that still works properly and will not damage anything) and give me feedback on it, just let me know and I'll create an version available outside the market (which will require you to allow the ability to install software from unknown sources).

curt
gomer23

Post by gomer23 »

I would be willing to test the app out for you if you still are looking for some testing to be done.
binder

Post by binder »

gomer23 wrote:I would be willing to test the app out for you if you still are looking for some testing to be done.
Yeah, I'm still looking for some testing to be done. I've got a couple things to add in hopefully tonight (or tomorrow morning) then I'll be ready to let you test things out. I'll PM you the link to download it.
StuGotz

Post by StuGotz »

binder wrote:Yeah, I'm still looking for some testing to be done. I've got a couple things to add in hopefully tonight (or tomorrow morning) then I'll be ready to let you test things out. I'll PM you the link to download it.
I'll be happy to test too.

Thanks
binder

Post by binder »

For those who are curious, you can follow the status of all the changes I make on my github page.

https://github.com/curtbinder/AndroidStatus

And more specifically, the downloads section that will contain the various versions of the software. It currently only has the latest beta, but I think I'm going to add on all the older versions as well.

Here's the latest beta QR code for those of you who are using your mobile device. This makes it really easy to download.

https://github.com/curtbinder/AndroidSt ... pk/qr_code

I'm looking to make the next release sometime next week on the market (providing any complications). So any feedback is always welcomed.
StuGotz

Post by StuGotz »

Glad to see the following on your ToDo list. Are you considering adding a seperate swipable page for memory settings too?

* add in swipe capabilities to switch screens ** move the relays to own screen ** have main status, main relay, exp relay 1, etc, on own page
* validation of host on configuration page (better validation of preferences
binder

Post by binder »

what kind of swipe are you talking about for the memory page?
StuGotz

Post by StuGotz »

To swipe between main status, main relay, exp relay 1 and the memory page.
binder

Post by binder »

Just to let everybody know, the top 3 features have been released.
* Memory reading / writing
* Detailed history viewing
* Mode entering

Continuing onward...
The automatic refresh interval is going to be simple to add in. The framework has been added to allow for this. Also, the home screen widget just needs to be created because the ability to get the data is also easily available now. Expansion relay support will require some additional work to make it easy to add on more than one relay box, but ideas are being worked on.