RAGen issue new user/install

Community contributed apps
rufessor

Re: RAGen issue new user/install

Post by rufessor »

Hi-

I did indeed try to load the code... however- I regenerated a new version and did not include WiFi.. so Iwill try again with the version I posted... but using the RAgen code that I did upload, the controller gave me an error message on the LCD and the power box (outlet/ATO switch/etc) went a bit nuts with relays (seemed like only 1) switching rapidly (probably as fast as it could). It would not stop so I quickly reloaded the simple PDE, I am assuming the relay is a power strip outlet/position coming on and off, but with the simple I get a click now and again and I do not see a change in the power status in the display (I assume this is the 1-7 at the bottom) so I am not entirely sure whats clicking. I am not currently working on this as I am trying to finish up the LED build, so don't worry about getting back quickly- unsure why the error on load to the controller. Since the PDE I see is obviously not the whole story its kinda hard to tell, and I am totally beginner/mod0 start from zero on this.

Just so you dont feel like this is going to be a black hole... I have quite a bit of system automation programming experience in Visual Basic for automating biological fermentation equipment (which is remarkably similar to what we do with our aquariums in many ways), so I do get most of whats being done, however, Aurdino is new and RAgen is a black box to me and the controller has been plugged in for about 5 hours so I am not feeling super in touch with how things work together at the moment. I will read more and play. I do like your code and the one you include in the PWM expansion manual as a starting point for LED dimming /effect. What I want to start on as a first true mod/coding project is left/right passage of clouds and sunrise/sunset effects as I have a left and right bank of LEDs... but lets not go there yet... must crawl, then walk, then attempt flying with the clouds. Anyhow, at least you know where I would like to get.
rimai

Re: RAGen issue new user/install

Post by rimai »

Yeah, that's the idea :)
Baby steps first.
The issue you were having with reallys firing rapidily was due to skipping one important step.
You need to initialize the internal memory at least once.
Using RAGen, go to menu Controller->Internal Memory and generate a internal memory PDE with your own settings and upload to RA.
Next time you upload any other PDE to RA, it will have known values to start working with.
Let me know if that works for you.
Roberto.