compile error fro RAgen code

Community contributed apps
rufessor

compile error fro RAgen code

Post by rufessor »

Hi -

So this is a bit weird, but I am new... so perhaps stupid...

I was using RAgen a few days ago and succesfuly compiled code, and uploaded but had an issue Roberto suggested would be fixed by uploading a memory file. So I made one, and uploaded and now the controller is just displaying those settings... which is I guess anticipated.

But.. I then made another couple RAgen files to try to upload and begin programming or fooling around and now everytime I try to upload I get compile errors, I have not done anything but shut down and restart the computer but now even loading the simple PDE file (from this web site) gives this error..

int TempPHMax,TempPHMin;
byte LastSec;
byte ShowGraph;
int PWMCount=0;
int CalV, CalH;

#ifdef Phillips6610LCDInv

At this line it says philips6620LCDInv does not name a type

using a RAgen file I get a message saying that 'ReefAngel' was not declared in this sco[pe at the list line shown of this PDE

// Autogenerated file by RAGen (v1.1.0.126), (01/05/2012 21:32)
// RA_010512_2132.pde
//
// This version designed for v0.8.5 Beta 17 or later

/* The following features are enabled for this PDE File:
#define DisplayImages
#define WavemakerSetup
#define DateTimeSetup
#define VersionMenu
#define ATOSetup
#define MetalHalideSetup
#define DirectTempSensor
#define DisplayLEDPWM
#define wifi
#define StandardLightSetup
#define SaveRelayState
#define WDT
#define PWMEXPANSION
*/

#include <ReefAngel_Features.h>
#include <ReefAngel_Globals.h>
#include <ReefAngel_Wifi.h>
#include <Wire.h>
#include <OneWire.h>
#include <Time.h>
#include <DS1307RTC.h>
#include <ReefAngel_EEPROM.h>
#include <ReefAngel_NokiaLCD.h>
#include <ReefAngel_ATO.h>
#include <ReefAngel_Joystick.h>
#include <ReefAngel_LED.h>
#include <ReefAngel_TempSensor.h>
#include <ReefAngel_Relay.h>
#include <ReefAngel_PWM.h>
#include <ReefAngel_Timer.h>
#include <ReefAngel_Memory.h>
#include <ReefAngel.h>

void setup()
{
ReefAngel.Init(); //Initialize controller

so its obvious I have a general issue probably with the location of a file or library... so the newbie thinks... so I updated my libraries with the online uitlity and its not helping. I cleared the RAgen regisitry etc and its still not helping

One other not directly connected issue. When I first installed RAGen it could find the controller on Port4... now it fails repetadely, i have reloaded RAgen, but always need to use the installer, which when the executable file is opened, fails, then download the executable, which is how i got it to work in the first place, but its stopped seeing the controller. Roberto tells me not to worry, but now I am wondering what I screwed up to accomplish all this.. I am not sure that these events are connected, in fact I dont think they are.. but its worth a mention.

Thanks
rimai

Re: compile error fro RAgen code

Post by rimai »

You have to make sure to convert your libraries to Development when using the update utility.
Don't use the Standard libraries.
They are too old and the RAGen codes won't compile.
Roberto.
rufessor

Post by rufessor »

They are the development linbraries... in fact I never knowingly donwloaded anything but that. I just re-downloaded them and I get the same errors... nothing changed to get these errors so far as I can tell. I literally shut down the lap top a few days ago, spent the last few days building lights, and rebooted to these errors... very odd

The fact that RAgen code compiled previously demonstrates that I was using development libraries... so this could not be a related issue so far as I can see.
rufessor

Post by rufessor »

Could there be some setting/pref file indicating the location of the library files that got corrupted... ocasionally files do get trashed...

I am uninstalling Reef angel and reinstalling... that may fix if its a pref file.. will update soon
Last edited by rufessor on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rimai

Post by rimai »

I can say for sure that it's library mismatch.
Can you try converting to standard and then converting back to development, just to make sure that you download all the files again?
Roberto.
rufessor

Post by rufessor »

Yep... just reinstalling... heheh... it does seem to be a library issue but I was thinking more along the lines of my screwing up a pref setting telling things were the library was but in looking I cannot even find that ... so I will first reinstall... then try... if that fails... I will go with your above suggestion... if that fails I get to bug you again... if it works I will post a resolved message so you know!

THANKS!
rufessor

Post by rufessor »

well... after deleting EVERYTHING and restarting, reinstalling Reef ANgel, RAgen, and the library update utillity I am back to normal...

As you said and I speculated... seemed to be a library issue. Maybe something was corrupted... fun thing is my controller now uses port3 for serial comm used to be port 4... but RAGen still does not see it... whatever. IT works! Thanks.