Touchscreen Monitor App

Community contributed apps
fd678

Touchscreen Monitor App

Post by fd678 »

So i was trying to get the iphone app working without the wifi unit because my RA is hooked up to a computer, but had no luck. But, while i was trying to figure it out I realized that I had an extra touchsreen monitor laying around and wondered how hard would it be the create a graphical button type interface to just use my monitor to control the feed time, each outlet, etc... I know client suite could be used, but i was thinking some thing with big easy to hit graphical buttons. any ideas?
fd678

Re: Touchscreen Monitor App

Post by fd678 »

I probably should have posted this in the requests section, if so please move it.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Yeah, you can do that.
Do you have any knowledge in programming .Net?
Roberto.
binder

Post by binder »

fd678 wrote:So i was trying to get the iphone app working without the wifi unit because my RA is hooked up to a computer, but had no luck. But, while i was trying to figure it out I realized that I had an extra touchsreen monitor laying around and wondered how hard would it be the create a graphical button type interface to just use my monitor to control the feed time, each outlet, etc... I know client suite could be used, but i was thinking some thing with big easy to hit graphical buttons. any ideas?
It would be just like the android or iphone app only running on your desktop. :) It would be pretty simple stuff to do.
fd678

Post by fd678 »

I actually have never programmed anything .net
I do have a copy of visual basic 2008 and started to try and learn it but never got time to try
fd678

Post by fd678 »

If I try to make a simple GUI in visual studio do you think you could help me with info to finish it?
binder

Post by binder »

Depending on what you wrote it in, we can help you with it. The issuing of the commands to the controller is quite simple and easy to do. The commands that need to be sent are posted. You just need to primarily focus on being able to send data to an IP address (or COM port) using whatever language you choose.
fd678

Post by fd678 »

could you link me to the location of the commands that would need to be sent?
binder

Post by binder »

Inside this file...
https://github.com/curtbinder/ReefAngel ... l_Wifi.cpp
around line 186, there is a list of commands that get processed. You will see comparisons for strings like this "GET /" and so forth. Those are the commands the controller processes. There are few more that are getting added in. Also, there are additional options for some of the commands. The main one that you will use to pull down the status is "GET /r99". The controller will reply with an XML response, so you will have to parse XML data to get your results.

I've already got a parser that you can refer to for reference in my Status application (or Android Status).
https://github.com/curtbinder/Status
The Android Status app is more complete and handles all the upcoming responses and changes. Practically all my work is located on my github account. So feel free to browse through it.

I need to compile a simple document that contains the wireless commands and their usage for anybody who wants to create their own apps.