Reef Angel Client request

Requests for new functions or software apps
Kierik

Reef Angel Client request

Post by Kierik »

It would be nice to remove a data point from your trended data. I received an erroneous 306F temp on my tank now I cant fix the scale. Is there a way to reset the data trending as a short term fix?
alexwbush

Re: Reef Angel Client request

Post by alexwbush »

my pH probe did this too. It will go away from the 24hr period soon enough, but yeah, I suppose I see your point. You could always copy the table to excel and chart it if you wanted to look at long term correctly.

My RA client requests off the top of my head:
1. Expansion Relays support
2. Track relay status to report over the same periods as temp and pH
3. Seperate pH graph
binder

Post by binder »

Kierik wrote:It would be nice to remove a data point from your trended data. I received an erroneous 306F temp on my tank now I cant fix the scale. Is there a way to reset the data trending as a short term fix?
There isn't really a way to remove a data point from the graph data. The only way to get rid of it is to keep the controller running. It continuously updates the graph data and loops back through when it hits the end of the memory space. So after enough time has passed the data will be overwritten.

To avoid the sudden spikes in temperature readings, make sure you are running my dev libraries. I have added in some "error" checks for the temperature to ensure that the temp does not change more than 5 degrees F in one second. If it does, the temp reading is ignored.

curt
dmolton

Post by dmolton »

Kierik wrote:It would be nice to remove a data point from your trended data. I received an erroneous 306F temp on my tank now I cant fix the scale. Is there a way to reset the data trending as a short term fix?
Thanks for the suggestion. There should be a little more control of the datapoints, I agree. I just added a right-click context menu on the grid view. So the way it works now is you switch to grid view - select the datapoint you want to remove, right click and there will be an option to delete it from the database and refresh the grid and chart. Thanks for the suggestion, Kierik!

alexwbush wrote:my pH probe did this too. It will go away from the 24hr period soon enough, but yeah, I suppose I see your point. You could always copy the table to excel and chart it if you wanted to look at long term correctly.

My RA client requests off the top of my head:
1. Expansion Relays support
2. Track relay status to report over the same periods as temp and pH
3. Seperate pH graph
Alex, I've got two of your 3 wishlist items already covered. (separate pH graph and Expansion Relay support to get posted to reefangel.com). I've thought about recording relay values, and indeed I can do it currently, but it's not ideal. Currently, communication to the controller happens in a request-response fashion every 15 seconds, asking for the latest statuses/values. Unfortunately, there is no "push" mechanism yet from the controller to my Client. So what can happen is between requests from the application to the controller, 1 or more full relay switches can happen (On and Off) and we won't see it. For example, if at 10:00:00 we request a status and see relay 1 is off. Then at 10:00:02 the doser turns on for 10 seconds then off at 10:00:12. At 10:00:15 when I ask for the latest status, it will still show relay 1 off and we would have missed the whole dosing event. The only way I can see this working properly is if in the libraries, Curt queued up all the relay events that happened between my requests. Then on the next request, I receive the current status, plus all the stuff that might have happened in between. We've already discussed something like this for ATO events, since the way I record them now happens in that "not ideal" mode, where I just record what the status is at the time of the request. Hopes this makes sense.
alexwbush

Post by alexwbush »

dmolton wrote:Alex, I've got two of your 3 wishlist items already covered. (separate pH graph and Expansion Relay support to get posted to reefangel.com). I've thought about recording relay values, and indeed I can do it currently, but it's not ideal. Currently, communication to the controller happens in a request-response fashion every 15 seconds, asking for the latest statuses/values. Unfortunately, there is no "push" mechanism yet from the controller to my Client. So what can happen is between requests from the application to the controller, 1 or more full relay switches can happen (On and Off) and we won't see it. For example, if at 10:00:00 we request a status and see relay 1 is off. Then at 10:00:02 the doser turns on for 10 seconds then off at 10:00:12. At 10:00:15 when I ask for the latest status, it will still show relay 1 off and we would have missed the whole dosing event. The only way I can see this working properly is if in the libraries, Curt queued up all the relay events that happened between my requests. Then on the next request, I receive the current status, plus all the stuff that might have happened in between. We've already discussed something like this for ATO events, since the way I record them now happens in that "not ideal" mode, where I just record what the status is at the time of the request. Hopes this makes sense.
Dave, it makes sense. Maybe Curt can work this into the next set of libraries! We'll have to start harassing him :twisted:

When do you think the next rev is coming out of the client? I would love to see my expansion relays... especially with the great stuff we're doing in banners (as you've seen). I will try to start learning android and windows 7 gadget programming to get that going next! 8-)
dmolton

Post by dmolton »

alexwbush wrote: Dave, it makes sense. Maybe Curt can work this into the next set of libraries! We'll have to start harassing him :twisted:

When do you think the next rev is coming out of the client? I would love to see my expansion relays... especially with the great stuff we're doing in banners (as you've seen). I will try to start learning android and windows 7 gadget programming to get that going next! 8-)
Hopefully pretty soon. The majority of the work is done, just need to collaborate with Curt a little bit since I need some library changes, then a round of testing. I'll say somewhere between soon and Labor Day lol.
OceanWolf

Post by OceanWolf »

Do we have the temp spike check in the 1.1.0? Time to time I get 185F warning.
Thanks
Onur