wireless bridge support

Requests for new functions or software apps
aranax

wireless bridge support

Post by aranax »

would it be possible to plug the RA into a netbook via USB, use the netbooks wireless card as a bridge and then connect to my network? That would be sweet!

Not that I don't want to support RA and buy wireless module, its just I have a few laptops laying around and would rather use one of those. I already have the PWM expansion so wireless connectivity would require the expansion AND the wireless module at this point.

Is it possible?

Thanks.

Jeremiah
aranax

Re: wireless bridge support

Post by aranax »

sorry . I probably should have posted this in the SW section...
binder

Re: wireless bridge support

Post by binder »

aranax wrote:would it be possible to plug the RA into a netbook via USB, use the netbooks wireless card as a bridge and then connect to my network? That would be sweet!

Not that I don't want to support RA and buy wireless module, its just I have a few laptops laying around and would rather use one of those. I already have the PWM expansion so wireless connectivity would require the expansion AND the wireless module at this point.

Is it possible?

Thanks.

Jeremiah
Were you just wanting to view the RA information via Wifi? If so, you should check out the Client Suite. It communicates to the RA via either USB or WIFI. It polls the data from the RA and then maintains that information. From there, it can push the data to RA.com so you can have your own web banner of your RA stats. It will also have the ability to change the memory values on the RA in the future.

http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18

curt