Wavemaker

Requests for new functions or software apps
Chris

Wavemaker

Post by Chris »

Hi guys. Been looking online for the last few days to find out if my normal korola3 wave maker would make waves for my reef. ?
there is a thing called vortech that most are using to do this but $650 each seem pricey!
I have the reef controller wavemaker set every second or 2 but sometimes crashes the controller.
Is there or has someone got a code so the crashing won't happen and that the wavemaker can be on for say 3 secs and off for 1. Rather than on for 3 off for 3??
Any info will be good.
Thanks guys.
binder

Re: Wavemaker

Post by binder »

Chris wrote:Hi guys. Been looking online for the last few days to find out if my normal korola3 wave maker would make waves for my reef. ?
there is a thing called vortech that most are using to do this but $650 each seem pricey!
I have the reef controller wavemaker set every second or 2 but sometimes crashes the controller.
Is there or has someone got a code so the crashing won't happen and that the wavemaker can be on for say 3 secs and off for 1. Rather than on for 3 off for 3??
Any info will be good.
Thanks guys.
Not sure about the crashing of the controller, but I do know that it has been reported that some wavemakers have caused problems....not sure which ones or any specifics though.

As for your sample code for the on for 3 and off for 1, here's an example for you:

Code: Select all

// Standard includes here
void setup()
{
	ReefAngel.Init();
	ReefAngel.Timer[1].SetInterval(3);  // on interval
	ReefAngel.Timer[2].SetInterval(1);  // off interval
	ReefAngel.Timer[1].Start();  // start the on timer
	ReefAngel.Relay.On(Port4);  // turn the port on
}

void loop()
{
	ReefAngel.ShowInterface();

// on timer has expired
	if ( ReefAngel.Timer[1].IsTriggered() )
	{
		// turn off port, start the off timer
		ReefAngel.Timer[2].Start();
		ReefAngel.Relay.Off(Port4);
	}
	// off timer has expired
	if ( ReefAngel.Timer[2].IsTriggered() )
	{
		// turn on the port and start the on timer
		ReefAngel.Timer[1].Start();
		ReefAngel.Relay.On(Port4);
	}
}
With this code, you will not be able to use the Wavemaker or DosingPump functions because you have to use 2 timers for this code. The 2 timers that are used are the ones that get used for the Wavemakers and DosingPump functions. Also, you can add more of the Relay.On() / Off() calls in the sections to toggle more than one relay port. However all the ports you specify will be operating on the same timers. So they will all turn on and off at the same time.

curt
rimai

Post by rimai »

Use port 5 & 6 for this purpose.
They have dapenning components for inductive spike caused by the motor going on/off constantly.
Roberto.
alexwbush

Post by alexwbush »

What pumps are you guys using with the wave maker?