Windows mobile

Requests for new functions or software apps

Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:49 pm
Location: Philadelphia
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:29 am
Might be getting a contract windows phone. Software supported?

Posts: 12225
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:47 pm
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:50 am
Humm... I don't think so...
To be honest, I have never seen one and don't even know what OS they run... Is it WinCE of some sort?
Roberto.
User avatar
Posts: 2737
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:20 pm
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:29 am
rimai wrote:Humm... I don't think so...
To be honest, I have never seen one and don't even know what OS they run... Is it WinCE of some sort?

its a type of wince. it's actually windows mobile. in fact, if it's a new phone it probably is running a type of Windows 8.

there isn't any specific app for the phones. so you won't have any specific apps to control your controller.

Posts: 65
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 12:22 am
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:35 am
Windows Phone < 8 runs some kind of WinCe, WP >= 8 runs the same kernel as desktop.

Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:49 pm
Location: Philadelphia
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:35 am
I mean worse case scenario I'll use browser. Just thought I'd ask

Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:49 pm
Location: Philadelphia
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:44 am
ok so definitely getting windows mobile, I was told its basically same architecture as surface and windows 8 desktop. I will pay for an app! lol binder help a brother out. I am going to try and make my own app, hold my breath, but I love the phone, and its operating system just feels better than my android. I think it will make my experience with my desktop better as well.. Only info I found at the dev lab was thats is html5 based. so maybe that will make it easier.
User avatar
Posts: 2737
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:20 pm
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:33 pm
reefcycle wrote:ok so definitely getting windows mobile, I was told its basically same architecture as surface and windows 8 desktop. I will pay for an app! lol binder help a brother out. I am going to try and make my own app, hold my breath, but I love the phone, and its operating system just feels better than my android. I think it will make my experience with my desktop better as well.. Only info I found at the dev lab was thats is html5 based. so maybe that will make it easier.

I did some quick reading the other day when I posted the info in the other thread and found that the apps can be Javascript, C++, C#, HTML5 and something else (I think, or that may be it).

I'm not sure if Windows Mobile allows you to sideload an app or not. If it did, you could bypass having it on the app store. Android allows this. Apple does not. Based on how the Windows store is looking, it seems to be following Apple's model so side loading an app does not sound like it is going to be possible.

So, I think I will look into this some more and see what I can do....no promises though because I really need to get another update for the android app.....it's long overdue.

Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:49 pm
Location: Philadelphia
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:43 pm
I was reading something about loading apps you make onto your phone yourself. Is that what you meant by side loading?
User avatar
Posts: 2737
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:20 pm
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:15 am
reefcycle wrote:I was reading something about loading apps you make onto your phone yourself. Is that what you meant by side loading?

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. You should also be able to load apps from "non trusted sources" (aka, not the Windows Mobile Store and not apps you have created). We will just have to look into it more.
User avatar
Posts: 2737
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:20 pm
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:12 pm
Just looked at testing things out and downloading the SDK. Apparently, you must have Windows 8 in order to create Windows 8 Phone apps. I only have windows 7 so I cannot look into this much further for Windows 8 apps. I think dmolton has windows 8....so maybe you could talk him into checking into this. :)
Next

Return to Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron