Export data daily to AquaticLog.com

Requests for new functions or software apps
modulok

Post by modulok »

I use AquaticLog for tracking my tank. It has a measurements section. I was thinking it would be awesome to automatically add a daily measurement for ph, temp, salinity, etc from our RA.

I realize that the 3rd party would have to support data import, but can RA export values on a schedule to a text file?
rimai

Re: Export data daily to AquaticLog.com

Post by rimai »

http://forum.reefangel.com/status/param ... id=modulok
This is the latest data that the portal has.
Roberto.
binder

Post by binder »

You could have a script that downloads your data using the link that Roberto provided. The data is an XML file and then you could upload it to your other website as well.
billw

Post by billw »

they support 1 controller now. It would be great if RA was number 2.

posted using Tapatalk and Android Speak and Spell, please ignore horrendous grammar
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

I contacted them today and helping them to read the parameters from the controller. Shouldn't take too long to integrate, hopefully.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Hey all! AquaticLog now supports ReefAngel!!!!!

If you're not using this site, you should be. Really great for tracking everything on your tank, and now even more awesome!
rimai

Post by rimai »

Yes!!!
If you want a free month of their service, please contact them and say that you are a Reef Angel user :)
Roberto.
Tranquil201

Post by Tranquil201 »

I got my free month of service. Great site so far. I hope the mobile app get's more features. I did send an-email to support to let them know that when It would export my parameters from the controller it would say added via apex. Support replied and said thanks they did not notice that and now since it just says added via controller.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Dmitri has been great to work with. The app is not very full featured but its great and simple straightforward when doing tests. I like being able to report my alk measurements in ppm and have it convert automatically to dkh.
sabo

Post by sabo »

How are you testing alk with RA? Or are you manually imputing it to the site?
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Manual. The only values AL grabs are temp/ph and salinity I believe. ORP maybe also.
ReEfnWrX

Post by ReEfnWrX »

lnevo wrote:Dmitri has been great to work with. The app is not very full featured but its great and simple straightforward when doing tests. I like being able to report my alk measurements in ppm and have it convert automatically to dkh.
Back when I used to manually dose I put together an excel spreadsheet with formulas, to convert all of that as well. I then input formulas for the specific products I Was dosing so it would tell me how much I needed to dose in order to get to my target. Had the max dose limits per day incorporated as well so I would never over dose.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Nice. I stopped with Excel once I got setup on Aquatic Log.