Sunphase...

Requests for new functions or software apps
NanoTrevor

Sunphase...

Post by NanoTrevor »

so i know theres code for moonphase...what about sunphase? i asked roberto and he says its not to hard but i know hes a busy guy. im wondering if anyone else likes this idea? im thinking for leds it would be nice if they could follow the real sun, with longer brighter days in the summer and shorter not so bright days in the winter? of course the lights would peak midday and be there brightest then adjust to match real life. additionally a setting with max led % to allow for acclimation and max % allowed for peak daylight...feel free to give your feedback with ways to improve/tweak.
bmhair03

Re: Sunphase...

Post by bmhair03 »

I did something like this awhile ago,sorry lost the .pde. The problem becomes the length of day. At about 10+ hours of daylight for a week My Algae problem was stating to get out of hand . I do agree it would be cool to have your tank on the same lunar and solar phase as what is outside or say Fiji. But I think these smaller system have trouble handling the extra light,at least mine did. My 2cents
NanoTrevor

Post by NanoTrevor »

thanks for the input, that makes sense. so what other cool things can we create with the ra and led lighting?
bmhair03

Post by bmhair03 »

My next step is to run some PWM fans off the PWM expansion controlled by temp settings. Should help with the noise. Also will be all over a Vortech interface when that comes out. Possibility off stronger surges during T-storm would be cool. All because....we can! :)
NanoTrevor

Post by NanoTrevor »

yeah, i was thinking going ghetto and using a small/micro powerhead i have to turn on with storm. for the fans i kinda already have variable control based on temp. i built a small circuit w/thermistor to control my fans to cool leds, as temp increases so does fan speed and vice versa. works real well with my upgraded rasurbo fans, its super quiet.