I can't find the WifiSendAlert() function in the libraries.

Requests for new functions or software apps
rimai

Re: I can't find the WifiSendAlert() function in the librari

Post by rimai »

Humm. Not so sure...
Does it happen if you use the old code too?
Roberto.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

I was never using the old code. It doesn't happen all the time and may not even be related as I've had other network issues going on as well.. was hoping there would be some strings that I'm missing to send to flush the wifi module. As far as what's being printed to the serial it's pretty much the same as before a GET request with two newlines...
rimai

Post by rimai »

I may need to add your code to check when I get some time.
I've been using the old one for about 3 years and it works fine, but the old one doesn't have the portal integration either.
The problem with the portal integration is that one server needs to forward requests to another one through a proxy.
It could be that, but it is nothing different than what we are all already doing with the Portal() function.
Roberto.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

The strangest thing is that my RA was not sending or was not registering properly updates to the portal, but was able to read/write no problem from iphone.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

I think I figured out what my issue is....

I mentioned that the problems started when I added the code to my INO, but I was also home for 3 weeks which is how I got so much coding done recently to begin with. Anyway, the internet on my WiFi has been having all kinds of other issues latetly and I've been banging my head over it. It finally dawned on me today that the new 2.4Ghz baby monitor in the house is probably the culprit. :) I'll be checking my wifi when I get home tonight, but I'm pretty sure that's what is causing my problems.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

So, the interference was definitely from the baby monitor. As soon as I unplug it internet starts working much better and I don't lose my connection as much. I did however upgrade the firmware on the wifi module and that has helped a lot. The only time I've lost connection the device reconnected and I was able to maintain my connection. For anyone that has wifi problems with their module, I recommend checking for other 2.4Ghz wireless devices and definitely look at the 4.0 WiFly firmware.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Here's the latest version. Updated for 1.1.0 (requires a patch to RA_Wifi class to add portalkey)
Attachments
WiFiAlert.zip
(17.33 KiB) Downloaded 656 times
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Download and unzip in libraries folder...what else do you need? :)