I can't find the WifiSendAlert() function in the libraries.

Requests for new functions or software apps

Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:23 pm
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:43 pm
Roberto or Lee,
Did you ever finish the coding for WifiSendAlert that will allow me to add a few custom SMS alert messages? If so, will it be released in the next library version? Or is it available for download on github?
User avatar
Posts: 5420
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:42 am
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:23 am
Havent had time to touch it yet, but you should be able to modify the url being called to hit the new page and then send whatever custom message you like :)

Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:23 pm
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:45 pm
lnevo wrote:Havent had time to touch it yet, but you should be able to modify the url being called to hit the new page and then send whatever custom message you like :)


Sorry Lee, I don't understand what you mean. Do you want me to copy these statements somewhere after my condition that determines when to send the SMS alert?

Serial.print("GET /status/alert.asp?e=314123456@vtext.com&id=");
Serial.println(alert_status,DEC);
Serial.println("\n\n");

I need a little more to go on.
Thanks,
John
User avatar
Posts: 5420
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:42 am
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:12 am
rimai wrote:Ok, I created a new webpage wifialert.aspx
It will use the same email address set on your portal notifications.

Parameters:
id - your forum username
key - your portal key (optional)
msg= your custom message

Just be careful not to spam your own mailbox.



You have to use this new wifialert.aspx

Change the line you have that calls alert.aspx to the new syntax above.

Maybe I'll have some time next week to play with this...

Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:23 pm
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:57 am
lnevo wrote:
rimai wrote:Ok, I created a new webpage wifialert.aspx
It will use the same email address set on your portal notifications.

Parameters:
id - your forum username
key - your portal key (optional)
msg= your custom message

Just be careful not to spam your own mailbox.



You have to use this new wifialert.aspx

Change the line you have that calls alert.aspx to the new syntax above.

Maybe I'll have some time next week to play with this...


Lee,
Thanks for the clarification.

Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:23 pm
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:05 pm
I still can't figure out how to use wifialert.aspx. When I compile it says it has not been declared. Can someone please provide an example of how the wifialert.aspx is used in the sketch.

thanks,
John
User avatar
Posts: 5420
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:42 am
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:02 am
Did you not have it working with the other page before?

Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:23 pm
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:47 am
lnevo wrote:Did you not have it working with the other page before?


Yes, the WifiSendAlert() function was working, but I am not sure how to pass the parameters that you and Roberto suggested in this section of the code.

Serial.print("GET /status/alert.asp?e=314123456@vtext.com&id=");
Serial.println(alert_status,DEC);
Serial.println("\n\n");

I am assuming that you wanted me to replace "alert.asp?" with "wifialert.aspx", but I am not sure how to specify the ID, Key and Message parameters.

I was hoping that you or Roberto could supply some sample code that I could modify.

Thanks,
John
User avatar
Posts: 5420
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:42 am
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:58 pm
Try this:
Code: Select all
Serial.print("GET /status/wifialert.aspx?id=mudcat1&msg=ato_alert");
User avatar
Posts: 5420
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:42 am
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:00 pm
You can comment the second line as well. I'm going to work on this soon where you can pass the alert string to the function.
PreviousNext

Return to Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron