Different settings for 2 different DC Pumps.

Requests for new functions or software apps
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:56 pm
Roberto;

I don't think there is a was to has different settings (speed, duration or offset) for differrent DC pumps.

For example I have a WP-25 and a WP-40. I want the 40 to run cosmith71 ElseMode from the DCPump mode now that lenvo reworked my code to handle the denitrification chamber and ATO settings better.

He set the Jebao pumps to use the DCPump libraries and the portal if I wanted to change them.

My problem is that both pumps are using the same settings.

The WP-40 needs to be set lower than the WP-25.

If I put the setting at a good point for the 40 then the 25 runs to slow and may even stop. (it doesn't like to run below 30%).

lenvo suggested adding a per channel offset to handle mixed pumps.

Anything like this possible?

Thanks;

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:34 pm
You will need to code the dimming channels independently instead of dcpump class

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4
Roberto.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:54 pm
Roberto what about a setting for the anti sync channel.. Otherwise its a bit of custom coding for every function etc...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:38 pm
Not with the dcpump class.
It will set the percentage .and apply it inside the refresh () function.
If you use the pwm class, you can set it to whatever you want before it is applied.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4
Roberto.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:55 pm
The PWM setting is the way I had it before.
change the
So with the DCPump class you can't have different settings, but with the PWM class you can't use the portal to change the modes.

I think I may have found a happy medium for both pumps.

Even though I have them set to Sync and AntiSync they are reading as running the same on the portal and phone.
I did have them working when they were set to true and false, but that was on lnevo's first code, when he fixed some stuff and I re-entered the info for the 2nd pump I can't get them to work in Anti-Sync.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:09 pm
You could still use the portal to change the settings even if you use the PWM class...
But you would have to recreate everything that was already created behind the scenes.
Something like this:
Code: Select all
if (InternalMemory.DCPumpMode_read()==ReefCrest)
{
ReefAngel.PWM.SetActinic(ReefCrestMode(InternalMemory.DCPumpSpeed_read()-30,10,Sync)); // Internal memory Speed minus 30%
ReefAngel.PWM.SetDaylight(ReefCrestMode(InternalMemory.DCPumpSpeed_read(),10,Sync));
}

And you would have to do this for each mode.
That's what the libraries does behind the scenes.
}
Roberto.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:40 pm
Thad why the offset should be implemented inside the dcpump class...i'd submit a patch if i had time...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:14 pm
I have an idea how to do this without a lot of code. Let me think on it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:30 pm
Any progress on this? :)

This is exactly what I was trying to do with my Tunzes a month or so ago. I wanted one running LongPulse and one running Constant. I ended up getting this working but it felt very cobbled together lol.

It would be awesome if we could have the channels performing at different speeds or even different wave patterns while still using the dcpump class.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:38 pm
Would be impossible to have them use dcpump class and be in two different modes. Speed is one thing...that would have been an offset. I forgot my idea and havent had time to work on this.

You could do what your asking but one pump would not be able to use the dcpump class. You could base the independent pump on the settings for dcpump though...
Next

Return to Requests