Radion Gen3

Requests for new functions or software apps
ScottT

Radion Gen3

Post by ScottT »

I was wondering if the (2) extra colors in the Gen3 radions were controllable with the RF expansion.

I see controll for these (5)colors in the code, which coorelate to the Gen1 colors.
ChannelWhite
ChannelRoyalBlue
ChannelRed
ChannelGreen
ChannelBlue
ChannelIntensity

Is it posisble to controll the Indigo and UV led's on the Gen 3's?
rimai

Re: Radion Gen3

Post by rimai »

AFAIK, there are only 6 channels on any gen.
Are you sure they are not blended in one of the 6 channels?
Roberto.
ScottT

Post by ScottT »

I think you are right on the blending. I did not think of that, but their website states the 7 LED colors, and says 'six channels of control'.

Thank you for the quick responce,
Scott
sbidny

Post by sbidny »

Was there ever any confirmation of this? I can independently control and calibrate 6 colors from the EcoSmart Live site: red, green, white, blue, royal blue, and UV. Seems like we would need to be able to control the UV color as a separate channel.
sbidny

Post by sbidny »

BTW, Gen4 adds violet and splits warm and cool white for a total of 8 channels. Are we unable to control these from the RA?
sbidny

Post by sbidny »

So, I was able to test this with my Gen3. It appears that the UV channel is just stuck on at 100% and can only be be controlled via the intensity channel, which adjusts all other channels. BTW, I also have a Gen4 now, and I will check it to see if the other new channels behave the same way.

I tried to play with the RFClass::RadionWrite() method to see if I could call SendData() for the next available channel, and it didn't seem to work. I assume this is due to the firmware on the RF module not supporting any additional channel. Is this a correct assumption?

If so, how do we go about modifying the firmware on the RF module? I don't recall seeing it available anywhere for modification.
rimai

Post by rimai »

I'll send you the fw.
Roberto.