preloaded code and wifi?

turbodsms

preloaded code and wifi?

Post by turbodsms »

ok so i have the standard reefangel. i love the lights option and all preloaded stuff......i played with the new RA wizard and had my wifi working flawlessly with my android phone but there were some options missing. like the lights. which by the way did not slope but just stayed on.....then i tried to just add my wifi settings to the preloaded code hoping to have everything working like preloaded code but with wifi. but sketch was too big. do i need RA+ to do all this? i will be adding more stuff to RA too and i am ready to buy a board upgrade but i just wanted to make sure that i really need it and not wasting money.
rimai

Re: preloaded code and wifi?

Post by rimai »

If you want to add the wifi code to the preloaded, you will need the upgrade.
When you went through the wizard, what is exactly that you were missing?
Roberto.
turbodsms

Post by turbodsms »

I did the wizard with internal memory and, one wavemaker, other off, one heater, standard ato, and other ports were timers and always on. Slope was parabola for my LEDs and wifi...... Code uploaded without a problem and WiFi worked fine but there was no lights menu, and lights had no dimming apparently. They were just on at the percentage I specified as max. Also when turning on feeding mode. It short cycles and pump turns on again. It just seemed like there was a lot of broken code.......I am going to get the upgrade right now. I know I will need more memory anyway.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
turbodsms

Post by turbodsms »

I didn't test much...when I noticed the code wasn't good I just reverted to preloaded.

turbodsms

Post by turbodsms »

Hey, just got my new reef angel+ and I just added my portal name To preloaded code and everything works fine wirelessly but, the feeding mode just seems to short cycle and kicks out for some reason. Why is that? Also when I use RA WIZARD it still does not do my lighting properly. It just stays on and there seems to be so many things messed up. There are no light menu options or anything. I was under the impression that this would be a complete code compiler. Do I need to add that myself or what? And every time I do a code including preloaded.... The PWM value starts at 255. I'm still kind of new to all this but I will be planing on doing dosing pumps too... I may need some serious help. I will start a new thread with everything I hope to be doing soon and maybe you can help me compile a code, or really help explain it, I know its not your responsablility and I may need to spend some more time learning. These libraries keep changing. And so does the hardware. I just want to keep things simple and have it do what I want. I don't want to start thinking I went the wrong direction with my money. Any real advice and direction will help.Thanks in advance.

rimai

Post by rimai »

Add this to your setup() section:

Code: Select all

ReefAngel.AddStandardMenu();
The standard menus will be added to your code.

Which option are you using?? Hard-coded or internal memory?
I suggest you start with hard-coded first.
Roberto.