Modes from Phone

Do you have a question on how to do something.
Ask in here.
lnevo

Modes from Phone

Post by lnevo »

I don't believe the iPhone app is triggering the Feeding Mode and Water change modes properly...

The reason I say this is that the vortech's aren't going into feeding mode and the LCD never changes to the Feeding/Water change modes...however the relays are turning off/on.

Can anyone else confirm this? I can test again, but I'm pretty sure on the behavior...
rimai

Re: Modes from Phone

Post by rimai »

I don't have iphone, but what happens when you do it in the controller?
Roberto.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

From the controller it works fine. I don't know if the iPhone app is just triggering the relays or if it's calling FeedingModeStart() like the menu option on the controller.... Not sure if the Android app does similar... Not even sure the phone apps can even trigger the functions directly unless you've built a way for them to do that...

I did not check from the portal... I would need to verify that as well...
rimai

Post by rimai »

Yes, please check the portal and also check with browser:
http://ipaddress:2000/mf
Roberto.
binder

Post by binder »

lnevo wrote:From the controller it works fine. I don't know if the iPhone app is just triggering the relays or if it's calling FeedingModeStart() like the menu option on the controller.... Not sure if the Android app does similar... Not even sure the phone apps can even trigger the functions directly unless you've built a way for them to do that...

I did not check from the portal... I would need to verify that as well...
Android app actually triggers the Feeding Mode by calling the FeedingModeStart function by using the URL that Roberto posted. All apps that use that URL should all function the exact same way.
lnevo

Modes from Phone

Post by lnevo »

rimai wrote:Yes, please check the portal and also check with browser:
http://ipaddress:2000/mf
Does that trigger the mode, or give me an interface to trigger? If it triggers, which mode, and what's the URL for the other mode?

Will test tonight.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Well fish are eating... the skimmer did turn off and the RF module went into feeding mode, but vortech's did not... LCD screen was black... only way to wake up was to come out of feeding mode (hitting button) and then vortech's went into nutrient transport mode... I wonder if there is different behavior to DISPLAY_MODE==FEEDING_MODE when screensaver is active?

I'll check the other ways later.. have to run to school orientation night...
rimai

Post by rimai »

What were the vortechs doing during the feeding mode?
They will only enter feeding mode if you are not overriding the memory mode.
Do you mean that the feeding timer is never expiring?
Roberto.
lnevo

Modes from Phone

Post by lnevo »

No, the vortech's did nothing or maybe then went right to nutrient transport, but i think they stayed the same...

However i jut tested my theory on the screensaver so i took it out of screensaver, turned on feed mode and everything worked as expected...

Take a look at my code http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?p=13868#p13868 and you can see how my vortech code works with DISPLAY_MODE.. I have a feeling something there is related... Not sure why rf module would go to feed mode but mp40s do not..but maybe you'll have a better idea...

Lee
lnevo

Modes from Phone

Post by lnevo »

So i tested today with the url and it did the same thing...rf module looks to be in feed mode but mp40s stay... Then, i canceled the mode and tried from portal...now at this point im in smart_ntm and when i triggered feed mode from portal it went into feeding mode ok...all this while the lcd was still black. Need to do a few more variations and see whats going on...