Relay Expansion Problem

carlii

Relay Expansion Problem

Post by carlii »

I have a problem that has been nagging me forever. Everytime I think I have it fixed, it reoccurs. My relay expansion box does not work correctly. I have changed every cable possible. This is what I discovered.

When I remove the expansion hub and connect directly to the primary relay box, the relay box works perfectly.
When I use the expansion hub, sometimes the ports work, and sometimes they do not.

I am using the water level for ATO now so I have to use the expansion hub. I tried a standard USB hub but got nowhere. What am I doing wrong?
rimai

Re: Relay Expansion Problem

Post by rimai »

Did you try different ports on the hub?
Is the water level reading correctly?
Roberto.
carlii

Post by carlii »

A couple of notes. I cannot find the dip switches reffered to in the expansion relay manual.

The LCD screen will show a port as active, but no power is being applied to the box.

Again, this only happens when using the Expansion hub. My other expansion devices work fine in the hub.
carlii

Post by carlii »

Yes I have, I will do some more. I also opened teh replay expansuion box and found three dip switches. They are all in the down position. Is that correct?
rimai

Post by rimai »

Yes, the switches are correct.
Can you try swapping relay boxes?
Roberto.
carlii

Post by carlii »

Ok I swapped the boxes. No change. The always on ports are working now. They weren't earlier. When I connect directly, it works perfectly. Also the unit blinks, delays and the operates on a power cycle. Sometimes.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Has the module worked when connected to the hub before or it has been like this since the beginning?
Roberto.
carlii

Post by carlii »

It has been like this to various degrees. When I had the ph expansion connected. I would lose connectivity every couple of months. Some ports never worked on the relay box until I it connected to the main box.

Also now the water level module doesn't work.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Well, let's exchange this hub and see if it makes any difference.
PM for an RMA number.
Roberto.
carlii

Post by carlii »

Well I'll be. I had two bad USB cables. I pulled some I had in the house and everything works fine.

Sorry.
rimai

Post by rimai »

cool :)
Roberto.