Client Suite 2.2

Community contributed apps
bmhair03

Re: Client Suite 2.2

Post by bmhair03 »

Need to completly unistall everything Arduino,reefangel, ragen, related .there seem to be some issues that Ive created. Know of the easist way of doing that.

found it
bmhair03

Post by bmhair03 »

YES!! Got it up an running. Very Nice work Dave.
It was all my fault . I didnt reallize the format change to the Feature H file .
Commented and uncommented what was needed and Bamm!
Cleaning up everything took me awhile . I had saved every update and .pde since I got this thing .it was about time. Thanks for the hard work.
dmolton

Post by dmolton »

You the man. Now just have to remember how you did I so you can repeat the steps for next time.
bmhair03

Post by bmhair03 »

dmolton wrote:You the man. Now just have to remember how you did I so you can repeat the steps for next time.
The Man who #$%@ed it up . I took notes.:) And with fresh Installs it is smooth now. I never keeped up with all the new Installers . There nice to work with.
Thanks for your patience and time.
dmolton

Post by dmolton »

rimai wrote:Hey Dave,

I don't know how elaborate your installer creator software you are using, but you could setup something similar to what the Reef Angel Installer does to find out which port and if there is a controller found and also check whether define wifi is being used.
If you can't do it on the installer part, maybe in the dashboard with a "Test" button.
It would check for a controller connected in the COM port setup in the dashboard (Curt has all the details... It's not difficult... He's the one that created the application I'm using), or check for a received ping requests to the IP setup in the dashboard. First one would physically find the controller and the second one would just find the wifi attachment, but that's just a better than nothing.
If nothing is found, just return a message that it could not find the controller or wifi attachment.
Then if if those are found, you can then send a "GET /r99" to check for proper response. If the response is correct, chances of stuff not going according to plan are very slim. If the response is not correct, we know there is a problem in the communication.
What do you think?
Roberto, these are some good suggestions. I can probably add the usb/wifi tests in both the installer and the dashboard to provide better feedback to the user. Something like "Connected to controller but cannot communicate" or something like that..

I could probably also add something asking the user to point to his /libraries folder and then I can search the Features file for the proper entries. Maybe I'll search the /Documents/Arduino folder first automatically and check for it there and then allow users to change it if they have to. Thanks for the great feedback so far!
rimai

Post by rimai »

Yeah, I think that would save a lot of people from getting lost and frustrated. :)
Roberto.
laytonp

Post by laytonp »

bmhair03... would you mind posting up the process you ended up using. I think I am having a similar issue and am still not getting it working.
Thanks
bmhair03

Post by bmhair03 »

laytonp... My problem was, I think was the fact that I have had the controller since the first release, so I never did follow the steps outlined for creating and uploaded files to the controller.I did a lot of cut/paste etc. I would download the various programs now and then and put them in places I wanted them. So in the end nothing could communicate with each other. The file locations were all wrong. So I just uninstalled everything I had and started fresh.I backed up some .pdes and the likes but basically started over as in if I just opened the box. And BAM it worked just as designed. It also make me appreciate all the time and work Robert,Curt, and Dave have done for us to make everything so smooth and easy. So my advice start over and follow thier instructions and it will work everything.
fd678

Post by fd678 »

OK, I have been trying this for hours with no luck.

Last night I started compltelt from scratch with a fresh install of RA, RA Gen and got those two working fine. The arduino software is talking to the RA via COM11. When I set up the RA client I told it to also use COM11.

When I run RA Client the bottom says "Listener: Running / Connected", "Logger: Running", "DB Version: 2.2", "Dev Lib Version: x.x.x.xx" but i get no readings from the controller. If I go to memory and hit refresh, i get "unable to retrieve memory settings" . I have checked my lib version and it is 0.8.5.16.

If i run the RA Serial Monitor it opens the port but doesnt get any response to GET /r99
If I close everything and run the arduino serial monitor i dont get any response to GET /r99
But yet I can send a sketch to the RA using the exact same COM settings

HELP ME PLEASE!
:?: :?: :?: :?:
dmolton

Post by dmolton »

Inside Documents/arduino/libraries/reefangel_features open the features.h file and make sure the line #define wifi is not commented out with double slashes. If so, remove the double slashes, recompile and upload. You might have to comment out some of the other features to shrink the compile size since wifi takes alot of memory.
bmhair03

Post by bmhair03 »

An idea for 2.3 . Ability to see Pwm Expanion PWM values.
2.2 Rocks
binder

Post by binder »

bmhair03 wrote:An idea for 2.3 . Ability to see Pwm Expanion PWM values.
2.2 Rocks
Like seeing what the values are from the channels on the expansion module?

curt
bmhair03

Post by bmhair03 »

Yes . Dont have a good reason other than I like to see everthing :)
binder

Post by binder »

bmhair03 wrote:Yes . Dont have a good reason other than I like to see everthing :)
Haha. Well I will say that will require additional support on my end to be able to transmit that data. Guess I have to add it to my todo list as something to work on.

curt
bmhair03

Post by bmhair03 »

Dave,
What define statement needs to be in the Features folder for the ATO status and log to work?
I am not getting any ATO logging.
dmolton

Post by dmolton »

bmhair03 wrote:Dave,
What define statement needs to be in the Features folder for the ATO status and log to work?
I am not getting any ATO logging.
Nothing specific. If you're logging temps/ph then you should also be ATO status as well. The ATO values are stored along side the temps and ph. The difference being ATO history is shown only for the last 24 hours. You should be able to see the individual switch behavior by clicking the green/red ATO status bubble on left side of the screen. The little flyout that pops up should have the history in a small line graph that behaves similar to the main large one.
bmhair03

Post by bmhair03 »

Yes everything else is working fine and ploting. I can click on the bubble but neither ever has any plot . I only use single ATO low .
dmolton

Post by dmolton »

can you attach a screenshot of the flyout?

It's possible that the ato event was quick enough that the listener didn't catch it in time. The ATO and relay event capturing need work, admittedly. It's possible to miss an entire ATO on/off event in the client. Ideally, the most recent ato and relay events that the controller kick off need to be stored and then provided to the Listener on the next request. This way even if we miss an event between requests - at least we can get a record of them happening and then logged properly during the next request. If we can get that, then I will add another tab to show a proper relay and ato event history.. I'll double check and make sure that's on Curt's todo list.
binder

Post by binder »

the logging of the ato events is still on my todo list. i have not forgotten about it.....just am a little busy with other requests and features so it's not been a top priority. :)

curt
bmhair03

Post by bmhair03 »

Your right they are probaly too short . Sorry Curt didnt mean to add more :)
Thanks again guys.
serhiyi

Post by serhiyi »

is there a way to control 2 led lights from the client?
looks like I can set pwm% for white and blue, but I do not see the way to control On and Off timers for them.
There is a setting for my lights' but I don't have it.

The only way I see now is to change code and upload to controller every time I want to adjust timers.

or I missing something?
dmolton

Post by dmolton »

serhiyi wrote:is there a way to control 2 led lights from the client?
looks like I can set pwm% for white and blue, but I do not see the way to control On and Off timers for them.
There is a setting for my lights' but I don't have it.

The only way I see now is to change code and upload to controller every time I want to adjust timers.

or I missing something?
You can use the StandardLights function in your RA PDE sketch file to control on/off times for you LEDs.

the function looks like this:

StandardLights(byte LightsRelay, byte OnHour, byte OnMinute, byte OffHour, byte OffMinute)

so you inside the loop() function of your sketch the line will look something similar to this:

Code: Select all

ReefAngel.StandardLights(2,10,0,21,30);
The above line will turn on Port 2 at 10:00 AM and turn it off at 9:30 PM

Edit: Sorry didn't see the second part to your question. To change the on/off times remotely - you will need to assign your LED's to either the STDLights or MHLights memory locations. You can set the MH Delay to 0 so it will essentially work just like the standard lights function..

So in RAGen plan to use one bank of leds on the STandardLights relay and maybe a second on the MH Lights relay (With delay set to 0). From there you can adjust the STD/MH lights on and off times from the memory tab in the Client and will adjust the times accordingly for your LED's. Hope that makes sense.
serhiyi

Post by serhiyi »

Ok. Will try that. Thanks for explanation!
psyrob

Post by psyrob »

Newbie question: I just got my Reefangel, and I can't get the client suite to receive data...I read thru the thread, and I modified the features thingy by removing the // in front of the wifi thing and still I cant' receive any parameters from the controller.

I first upload thru RAGen to replace the "simple" preloaded code, then I start Reef angel client, the listener is enabled, I start the Serial reader, then click on "send" and nothing comes back...I am stuck and need a step-by-step help to sort thru this...thanks in advance
binder

Post by binder »

psyrob wrote:Newbie question: I just got my Reefangel, and I can't get the client suite to receive data...I read thru the thread, and I modified the features thingy by removing the // in front of the wifi thing and still I cant' receive any parameters from the controller.

I first upload thru RAGen to replace the "simple" preloaded code, then I start Reef angel client, the listener is enabled, I start the Serial reader, then click on "send" and nothing comes back...I am stuck and need a step-by-step help to sort thru this...thanks in advance
Do you have wifi enabled?

curt
psyrob

Post by psyrob »

Mmmm...well I removed the // from in front of the define wifi command in the ReefAngel Features file...where do you mean to enable it? In RAGen? That answer is yes....In the Service Dashboard? No, when I tried, it asked for the IP address, and since I don't have the actual WIFI adapter, I didn't enter anything...
rimai

Post by rimai »

On your service dash board, make sure you have "Wifi Enabled" unchecked
Then, choose the COM port that matches the same COM port you are using on Arduino.
Roberto.
psyrob

Post by psyrob »

Did it, still can't get any data from the controller...Should I have the controller be running the sample code that came with preloaded, or a file I uploaded from RAGen? I have tried both and I get no data from the controller to the Client suite...
psyrob

Post by psyrob »

Never Mind!!! It is working and data is flowing!!! Success!!!
binder

Post by binder »

psyrob wrote:Never Mind!!! It is working and data is flowing!!! Success!!!
Nice. Good job. Enjoy.

curt