Windows mobile

Requests for new functions or software apps
reefcycle

Windows mobile

Post by reefcycle »

Might be getting a contract windows phone. Software supported?
rimai

Re: Windows mobile

Post by rimai »

Humm... I don't think so...
To be honest, I have never seen one and don't even know what OS they run... Is it WinCE of some sort?
Roberto.
binder

Post by binder »

rimai wrote:Humm... I don't think so...
To be honest, I have never seen one and don't even know what OS they run... Is it WinCE of some sort?
its a type of wince. it's actually windows mobile. in fact, if it's a new phone it probably is running a type of Windows 8.

there isn't any specific app for the phones. so you won't have any specific apps to control your controller.
phrusher

Post by phrusher »

Windows Phone < 8 runs some kind of WinCe, WP >= 8 runs the same kernel as desktop.
reefcycle

Post by reefcycle »

I mean worse case scenario I'll use browser. Just thought I'd ask
reefcycle

Post by reefcycle »

ok so definitely getting windows mobile, I was told its basically same architecture as surface and windows 8 desktop. I will pay for an app! lol binder help a brother out. I am going to try and make my own app, hold my breath, but I love the phone, and its operating system just feels better than my android. I think it will make my experience with my desktop better as well.. Only info I found at the dev lab was thats is html5 based. so maybe that will make it easier.
binder

Post by binder »

reefcycle wrote:ok so definitely getting windows mobile, I was told its basically same architecture as surface and windows 8 desktop. I will pay for an app! lol binder help a brother out. I am going to try and make my own app, hold my breath, but I love the phone, and its operating system just feels better than my android. I think it will make my experience with my desktop better as well.. Only info I found at the dev lab was thats is html5 based. so maybe that will make it easier.
I did some quick reading the other day when I posted the info in the other thread and found that the apps can be Javascript, C++, C#, HTML5 and something else (I think, or that may be it).

I'm not sure if Windows Mobile allows you to sideload an app or not. If it did, you could bypass having it on the app store. Android allows this. Apple does not. Based on how the Windows store is looking, it seems to be following Apple's model so side loading an app does not sound like it is going to be possible.

So, I think I will look into this some more and see what I can do....no promises though because I really need to get another update for the android app.....it's long overdue.
reefcycle

Post by reefcycle »

I was reading something about loading apps you make onto your phone yourself. Is that what you meant by side loading?
binder

Post by binder »

reefcycle wrote:I was reading something about loading apps you make onto your phone yourself. Is that what you meant by side loading?
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. You should also be able to load apps from "non trusted sources" (aka, not the Windows Mobile Store and not apps you have created). We will just have to look into it more.
binder

Post by binder »

Just looked at testing things out and downloading the SDK. Apparently, you must have Windows 8 in order to create Windows 8 Phone apps. I only have windows 7 so I cannot look into this much further for Windows 8 apps. I think dmolton has windows 8....so maybe you could talk him into checking into this. :)
phrusher

Post by phrusher »

I looked at this some time ago and I believe that you need a developer account to sideload apps on your WP8. Only way for a non developer is installing through the market/appstore.
JoelIreland

Post by JoelIreland »

I have a developer acc if someone has an app to submit.