ATO from Custom Menu

Do you have a question on how to do something.
Ask in here.
sjmusic2

ATO from Custom Menu

Post by sjmusic2 »

OK now that I have the pwm fans working great, I'm turning my attention to a custom menu entry to toggle the ato.

I started by trying to just activate the ato from the menu with mixed success...
void MenuEntry2()
{
ReefAngel.SingleATO(true,Port6,600,6);
ReefAngel.DisplayMenuEntry("ATO Activated");
}
What happens is that it works for a while then the port deactivates, possibly per the time-out, but the led alert on the RA head doesn't light and the port is displayed as ON on the lcd display despite the water level still being low and the port deactivated. If I press the menu entry again the display and led alert are set to the state that they should have been in per the above rather than restarting the ato.

Ideally, I want to be able to overide the ato if it is OFF, and turn it OFF if it is ON, and have a time-out fail-safe set to a hard-coded value, eg. 10 mins. All just from pushing the joystick in my custom menu.
I'd settle for being able to repeatedly activate the ato from the menu and having the time-out fail-safe active.

TIA for your help.
rimai

Re: ATO from Custom Menu

Post by rimai »

Override on when it is off will work just fine.
But, overriding off when it is on, will cause the timeout to expire. Since the controller is still thinking it is supposed to pump water and you are forcing the port to be off.
It is the same as having it pumping dry. It will timeout.
Roberto.