Client Suite 2.2

Community contributed apps
rimai

Re: Client Suite 2.2

Post by rimai »

Would you mind sharing what you did to make it work? :)
Roberto.
Xender

Post by Xender »

Here is my errors
via Wifi

Code: Select all

La valeur '85' n'est pas valide pour 'Value'. 'Value' doit être compris entre 'Minimum' et 'Maximum'.
Nom du paramètre : Value
StackTrace:
   à System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
   à ReefAngelClient.Settings.LoadUserNotificationValues()
   à ReefAngelClient.Settings.Settings_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Code: Select all

Le serveur distant a retourné une erreur : (401) Non autorisé.
StackTrace:
   à System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request)
   à System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address)
   à System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(String address)
   à ReefAngelWCFListener.ReefAngelListener.WifiSend()
Fresh Water Aquarium 180*60*80
Salt Water Aquarium 60*60*60
Click Here to see the Video of my Fresh Water Aquarium
rwijbenga

Post by rwijbenga »

I think it has to do with the Fahrenheit Celsius settings. I also use the Celsius setting and have to problems with it:

- in the settings tab I select Celsius, but the radio button for setting the type of display settings is always gone. I can select it, press save. close the setting page. And when I return to the settings page the radio button is gone again.

- in the reef angel memory page I can only select the temperatures in Fahrenheit. They go from 70 to 90. And I think in Celsius it would be a bit to high for the tank.. ;)

And more of a feature request, is it possible to make a selection for also a 24h clock system ?

Remco
rimai

Post by rimai »

Yeah, we call it military time around here in the USA :)
The internal clock actually works on 24hr system and we have to go hoops and loops to get it to display it in 12hr... Showing it in 24hrs would be simpler than what we have right now.
Good request.
About the Celsius vs Fahrenheit, I'm pretty sure Dave fixed it.
By looking at the errors above, the first one doesn't make sense, unless Dave has some restrictions on the values, but it could also be related to the bug that Xender discovered yesterday. I wanted to try to fix the bug first and see it would fix this problem too.
The second one is due to having WifiAuthentication() function on your PDE file. I don't think the Client has this feature yet.
Roberto.
rimai

Post by rimai »

I have some comments about the layout of the "Memory" tab.
1. On the groupbox "pH PWM", it could be split in two groups. Combined they just look weird and confusing.
2. On the groupbox "Dosing Pumps", the way the fields are presented, it gives the impression that you can set the time AND runtime and repeat interval, which is not true.
DosingPump() will accept only the time and DosingPumpRepeat() will only accept the runtime and repeat interval.
3. On the groupbox "Timers", the labels are missing "(s)" to show that the numbers entered are seconds.
Roberto.
Xender

Post by Xender »

Would be great to have a button for "Reconnect now" the listener insted of waiting 2min ;-)
Fresh Water Aquarium 180*60*80
Salt Water Aquarium 60*60*60
Click Here to see the Video of my Fresh Water Aquarium
dmolton

Post by dmolton »

Thanks for the suggestions guys, that's really good stuff there. I've added all the comments to my list and started implementing already. I think Curt has some stuff for me to test out so perhaps another release isn't too far off.
binder

Post by binder »

dmolton wrote:Thanks for the suggestions guys, that's really good stuff there. I've added all the comments to my list and started implementing already. I think Curt has some stuff for me to test out so perhaps another release isn't too far off.
You are correct. I do have some stuff for you to test out. Once you get things tested out and confirm it works the way we want it to, then I'll be close to having another release with LOTS of goodies that people have been wanting. :)

curt
lukeluke

Post by lukeluke »

i think that in the next release will beautiful have a support for:

- ReefAngel Controller authentication
- with Curt we made a new point in the internal memory for store the ATO and Overheat Alarms ....
mbertalha

Post by mbertalha »

I'm having trouble with the setup with the USB cable. Could put a step by step how to configure the PC and to put in the PDE file?
I can not make this program work on Windows XP, please help me ...

tanks

Marcelo
rimai

Post by rimai »

Make sure you have the "#define wifi" on your features file.
When installing the client, make sure to pick USB and select the correct com port.
If you need to change the port, you can go to menu "Settings->Modify", select the tab "General" and click the button "Launch Service Dash".
Roberto.
lukeluke

Post by lukeluke »

in the memory settings i cannot insert the temperature beacause the value start from 70,0 and my temp is in °C .

can you modify the value range starting by 20,0 ?

Thanks
binder

Post by binder »

lukeluke wrote:in the memory settings i cannot insert the temperature beacause the value start from 70,0 and my temp is in °C .

can you modify the value range starting by 20,0 ?

Thanks
Until Dave gets the Celsius values/conversion in there for the memory, you may want to use my app: http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=246

It allows you to put in whatever value you want without a limit. So that would be a simple way to update your memory if you can't get it done through the Client Suite.

curt
alexwbush

Post by alexwbush »

I'm getting an error after I select the USB com port. This is a fresh install on Windows XP Pro. Help?
Attachments
install error.JPG
install error.JPG (33.38 KiB) Viewed 6371 times
dmolton

Post by dmolton »

The Logger Service uses the SQL Server Compact Libraries and a small .sdf file to store your historical data and user settings. The SQL Libraries are included in the installation but rely heavily on the .Net 3.5 SP1 framework. If it's a fresh install of XP, odds are you do not have that framework installed.

Have a look here:
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=22

The Client portion of the ReefAngel Suite references the .NET 4.0 Client profile but either the .net 4.0 client or full version of the framework should be cool:

4.0 Full:
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... x?id=17851

4.0 Client Profile
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... x?id=17113

Try installing the necessary frameworks and reinstall the Suite. Hopefully that should do the trick.

-Dave
alexwbush

Post by alexwbush »

I thought I installed that, but I will try again.
alexwbush

Post by alexwbush »

I reinstalled the 4.0 Full version. Same error. :(
agentgreen

Post by agentgreen »

Getting the attached error when trying to start up the client suite. Running Windows 7 64bit.

Any ideas?
Attachments
client suite error.jpg
client suite error.jpg (77.32 KiB) Viewed 6360 times
dmolton

Post by dmolton »

alexwbush wrote:I reinstalled the 4.0 Full version. Same error. :(
.NET 3.5 SP1 is the important one to address the error you attached. Is that installed as well?
Attachments
framework.jpg
framework.jpg (183.95 KiB) Viewed 6357 times
Last edited by dmolton on Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
dmolton

Post by dmolton »

agentgreen wrote:Getting the attached error when trying to start up the client suite. Running Windows 7 64bit.

Any ideas?
Sounds kind of like an installation issue or a prerequisite issue. Take a look at the recommendations mentioned just above and make sure you have the necessary .net frameworks installed.
agentgreen

Post by agentgreen »

Looks like I have the proper .NET prereqs installed.
Attachments
framework.jpg
framework.jpg (61.24 KiB) Viewed 7630 times
chridijon

Post by chridijon »

hello guys. i now have a big problem, thanx for sending me the new usb cord Roberto that was the trick, ok so i installed the RAGen and the client suite, uploaded my code and the lcd screen was black and only would turn on for a split second. so i try and open the client suite and it poped up with some error ablut not working right, so i try and uninstall it and it wouldnt uninstall. so beings that i am just computer savy enough to really screw things up, i just open windows exploer and manually delete the file from the c:/program files(86) folder. then try and go and unistal it from add/remove program list and now...... it cant find files so it wont uninstall and when i try and repair.....it says error 101. the specified service already exists, error 1001 could not find C./ program files(x86)/reefangel\reefangel client suite\listener\reefangelWCFListener.installstate, C./ program files(x86)/reefangel\reefangel client suite\servicedash\service dashboard.installstate, C:\users\chris\appdata\roaming\reefangel\client\reefangelclient.instalstate, C./ program files(x86)/reefangel\reefangel client suite\reader\reefangelserialreader.instalstate, C./ program files(x86)/reefangel\reefangel client suite\installsetupAppConfig.installstate, fatal error during installation.

now my question is. what do i do now :D LOL
dmolton

Post by dmolton »

When you deleted the folder from program files, installstate files were removed that windows uses to complete the uninstall process. You're on the right track, trying to repair. Once repaired, windows should be able to uninstall. You will need to:
-manually uninstall the services
-run installer again to repair.
-uninstall properly from control panel.

Open an "administrator command prompt" and type in the following two commands:

sc delete ReefAngelListener
sc delete ReefAngelLogger

After that run the installer again and attempt to repair. What version of windows are you running?
cain

Post by cain »

can you use the client suite without wifi?
i didnt install any suite, can i go directly to 2.2?
dmolton

Post by dmolton »

cain wrote:can you use the client suite without wifi?
i didnt install any suite, can i go directly to 2.2?
Correct and correct.

No matter how you are connecting though, wifi or usb, you WILL need the line "#define wifi" inside the features.h file.

You can download the latest installer here to start from fresh, no need to upgrade: https://github.com/davemolton/Client-Su ... all/master
chridijon

Post by chridijon »

I'm running windows 7 64bit. I will try that when i get home tonight. Thanks for the help
dedvalson

Splitting Client Suite between two machines

Post by dedvalson »

Hi,

I was curious about how I might go about running the Windows services of the Client Suite on one computer and the GUI on another.

I have a Windows web server that I have full control of. I would like to run the services on the web server to log the data and then view it on my laptop when I need to. The idea is that the server is running 24/7 so the logging could be also.

I have file system access from my laptop to the server, so I could read the database file on the server from my laptop.

Is this feasible? How does the GUI currently access the database?

Thanks.

Don
binder

Post by binder »

It may not be feasible right now. I'm trying to get dave to allow the client suite to connect to any database provided the proper database structure exists. I'm thinking he is working on making it more modular but I cannot confirm it. Guess we will have to wait for him to chime in. :)

curt
dmolton

Re: Splitting Client Suite between two machines

Post by dmolton »

dedvalson wrote:Hi,

I was curious about how I might go about running the Windows services of the Client Suite on one computer and the GUI on another.

I have a Windows web server that I have full control of. I would like to run the services on the web server to log the data and then view it on my laptop when I need to. The idea is that the server is running 24/7 so the logging could be also.

I have file system access from my laptop to the server, so I could read the database file on the server from my laptop.

Is this feasible? How does the GUI currently access the database?

Thanks.

Don
It should be possible to achieve what you're talking about, Don. I was able to run that same setup once before quite awhile ago on version 2.0, I think. There is some limitations, though.

First step would be to install the suite on your 24/7 server and configure it correctly so you can see incoming data on the Client portion.

Unfortunately, I don't have just a Client installer setup yet for stand-alone client machines. This means you will also need to install the whole suite again on your laptop. You can disable the Listener and Logger services from running, though. Once completed, you will need to do some config file tweaking. In C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\ReefAngel\Client locate the ReefAngelClient.exe.config file, modify the following fields:

<add key="DBLocation" value="C:\\Users\\Dave\\AppData\\Roaming\\ReefAngel\\ReefLogDB.sdf" />

<client>
<endpoint address="net.tcp://localhost:8733/Design_Time_Addresses/ReefAngelWCFListener/ReefAngelListener/"
binding="netTcpBinding" bindingConfiguration="NetTcpBinding_IReefAngelListener"
contract="ReefAngelService.IReefAngelListener" name="NetTcpBinding_IReefAngelListener">
<identity>
<dns value="localhost" />
</identity>
</endpoint>
</client>

You might need to open the port 8733 on your web server firewalll for this to work. I believe the two parts noted in red are the only thing you need to change. I will be able to test this out further in a couple days to see if there's anything else that's needed for sure, though. The service dashboard won't work properly on your Client so you won't be able to update Listener settings. Also, in the settings dialog, the Listener settings shown from your laptop will also be incorrect. There was a lot shortsightedness on my part in the beginning of this project and unfortunately a lot of important settings are stored in a series of config files that get updated by other applications. I've since dropped this method of configuring the applications and now utilize WCF operation contracts and the database file much more to handle important settings which will be available in version 3.0 which I hope to have released very soon.

Let me know how it works out for you.

-Dave
dedvalson

Post by dedvalson »

Dave,

With the setting changes you suggested things worked great.

I did have a couple of surprises.

1. Apparently the Relay names come from the listener, not from the local config file since the app on my laptop displays the relay names set on the server.
2. I had to share the folder where the database lives with Read / Write access. At first I tried only providing read access since I figured the client only read it.

As a general question. If you are configured for email or SMS notifications, are those done by the client GUI or by the listener service? It seems like they ought to be in the listener but it appears they are in the client. Also where are web banner updates done?

Thanks

Don