Just to show how important reef angel is

Talk about you and your tank/equipment
Ademster

Post by Ademster »

I received notification something was off in the tank by my wife. I checked everything via wireless ip cams and reef angel. All looked perfect except one thing. That one thing was a starfish stuck to the huge 6 inch intake strainer for the barracuda pump.

My wife is home obviously so I instructed her to remove it. Something that couldn't be done with everything on.
I shut the tank down from the phone, skimmer and pump.
and turned all the lights on under the sump so she can see.

I watched via ipcam on the phone and instructed her on what to do. Now mind you, she does not like sticking her hands/arms in the tank let alone touching the animals dead or alive.

She braved through it and got it done, put the tank back into normal mode, all was good.

If it wasn't for reef angel, the starfish would still be sucked partially into the intake or worse by the time I get home.

Thanks Roberto for the reef angel, and curt for the awesome app.
Last edited by Ademster on Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adam
58 Gal
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Awesome! I've been saved a couple of times already.
rimai

Re: Just to show how important reef angel is

Post by rimai »

Cool :mrgreen:
Roberto.
Ademster

Post by Ademster »

Its saved a few times aswell. I need to finish building some of my add ons so everything will be 100% controlled by the Angel
Adam
58 Gal
rossbryant1956

Post by rossbryant1956 »

Really? You think you will actually get done? I am now in my second year and still thinking of stuff to do!
Roscoe's Reefs - Starting Over Again:

Building new 29g Nano after landlord went berserk over my 4 75 gallon tanks, Multiple RA's, Water mixing stations, etc. Your help welcomed in remembering all I've forgotten.
Ademster

Post by Ademster »

Well, what I have planned for right now, yes! But we'll never know what the future holds for us.
Adam
58 Gal
binder

Post by binder »

sweet! :)
rossbryant1956

Post by rossbryant1956 »

Usually when I am sounding off\bragging about RA on the boards I frequent I get beat up by all the Apex and other controller owners but something unusual\wonderful happened the other day.

A question was asked about which controllers have the ability to monitor salinity and I piped up saying that my RA had that ability. "Oh yeah?" they said..."ours does that too!" I said, "I know, but some of the guys are using RA to choose whether to pull top-off water from their RODI bucket or their fresh saltwater supply based on that salinity probe."

THE SILENCE WAS DEAFENING!! Go ReefAngel!
Roscoe's Reefs - Starting Over Again:

Building new 29g Nano after landlord went berserk over my 4 75 gallon tanks, Multiple RA's, Water mixing stations, etc. Your help welcomed in remembering all I've forgotten.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

:)