Temp/ph warnings

Community contributed apps
Chris

Temp/ph warnings

Post by Chris »

Waring emails/SMS will only work and send me warnings if I have the 2.2 up and running on my pc.
Is that normal is can I get it to send if the pc is shut down and I am out. Of will I have to wait for the I phone app.
binder

Re: Temp/ph warnings

Post by binder »

Chris wrote:Waring emails/SMS will only work and send me warnings if I have the 2.2 up and running on my pc.
Is that normal is can I get it to send if the pc is shut down and I am out. Of will I have to wait for the I phone app.
That is normal. 2.2 is what is monitoring the tank and sending the emails. If it's not up and running, no warnings will be sent out. You will either have to wait for the iPhone app, leave computer on all the time, or add in the alert monitoring on the controller and have it send the messages through ra.com. The controller monitoring and sending might not work well with using the Client Suite though. I haven't tried it or tested it, so somebody else would have to comment on it. It would increase code size and also require you to update the settings on your wifi module too.

curt
Chris

Post by Chris »

Ok I'll prob end up waiting for the iPhone app. If I was to leave the pc on. Will it use much of the usage. We are so far behind in Australia they still think mobile broadband is the best and latest thing. Haha
binder

Post by binder »

Chris wrote:Ok I'll prob end up waiting for the iPhone app. If I was to leave the pc on. Will it use much of the usage. We are so far behind in Australia they still think mobile broadband is the best and latest thing. Haha
The client suite should not do anything online unless you tell it to. So it wouldn't send any data/alerts unless it has to. It will poll the controller for data at the specified interval.

Now, as far as the rest of your pc goes, I cannot tell you what it would do online. That will be your call about leaving your pc on all the time.

Sounds like your best option is to just wait for the iPhone app to be released here shortly.

curt
wolfador

Post by wolfador »

The iPhone app currently does not have the warnings configured. Due to Apple's restrictions you will need to keep manually update the data or we will need to configure a "Push" server to send the notifications to your phone.

Apple will not allow an application to keep pulling new data when it has entered "background" it can only finish up its last request.

We might be able to integrate something into the Client that will send push notifications instead of a email or text message. But you will still need to leave the Client running on your computer.
John
ReefAngel and ReefAngel-HD developer
If the RA iOS app has helped please consider a donation
wolfador

Post by wolfador »

Found this while searching. https://github.com/colagrosso/avviso

If that would work with the RA it could allow for the warnings to be pushed to your phone without needing the client turned on. However then you would only get the warnings on your phone, not email.
John
ReefAngel and ReefAngel-HD developer
If the RA iOS app has helped please consider a donation