Android Reef Angel Status

Community contributed apps
binder

Post by binder »

mudcat1 wrote:
binder wrote:so are all the issues taken care of so far? is there anything that i need to investigate with the pending new release?
Curt,
After play with the new code I see a few things that look suspicious. When going into Setting -> Controller Information -> Controller:Labels, the item listed in the 4th position after Temp Sensor 3 says @2131427826 if I select it, it defaults to pH.

When going into Setting -> Controller Information -> Controller:Visibility, the Temp Sensor 1 item is missing. The item in the first position is Temp Sensor 2.

Other than that everything looks great so far. I really like the improvements. One question is there a way to display the current status of the ATO Low and ATO High float switches on the Android Controller display screen?

Thanks,
John
I will look into the labels item that you described.

Yes, temp sensor 1 is missing on purpose. I haven't had anybody ask for removing or hiding it. I believe everybody has at least 1 temp sensor and wants to view it. It is pretty easy to add in the code to allow it to be hidden.

No, I have not added in the displaying of the ATO status. I plan on doing that and thought about it with this release but have't had a chance to code it. I was thinking of doing the update and then adding it in the next minor update. Would you rather I include it in this update?
mudcat1

Re: Android Reef Angel Status

Post by mudcat1 »

binder wrote:
mudcat1 wrote:
binder wrote:so are all the issues taken care of so far? is there anything that i need to investigate with the pending new release?
Curt,
After play with the new code I see a few things that look suspicious. When going into Setting -> Controller Information -> Controller:Labels, the item listed in the 4th position after Temp Sensor 3 says @2131427826 if I select it, it defaults to pH.

When going into Setting -> Controller Information -> Controller:Visibility, the Temp Sensor 1 item is missing. The item in the first position is Temp Sensor 2.

Other than that everything looks great so far. I really like the improvements. One question is there a way to display the current status of the ATO Low and ATO High float switches on the Android Controller display screen?

Thanks,
John

Yes, temp sensor 1 is missing on purpose. I haven't had anybody ask for removing or hiding it. I believe everybody has at least 1 temp sensor and wants to view it. It is pretty easy to add in the code to allow it to be hidden.

That makes perfect sense. I just made the casual observation that it was missing while I was testing the new app.

No, I have not added in the displaying of the ATO status. I plan on doing that and thought about it with this release but have't had a chance to code it. I was thinking of doing the update and then adding it in the next minor update. Would you rather I include it in this update?

Well I currently use my ATO Low float switch to monitor whether my ATO reservior is empty and my ATO High float switch to monitor a sump overflow, so if you can give us the option of putting the ATO switch statuses on the display screen with a customizable the label that would be great. :D

And if you can easily accomplish that by this planned release, that would be nice too. But since this is Mothers day weekend, I don't want you to stress over it, if you would rather spend time with your Mom. ;)

Thanks for your help and consideration,
John
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

How about an option for 1 minute refreshes?

--Colin
binder

Post by binder »

mudcat1 wrote:
binder wrote:
mudcat1 wrote: Curt,

Thanks,
John

That makes perfect sense. I just made the casual observation that it was missing while I was testing the new app.

Well I currently use my ATO Low float switch to monitor whether my ATO reservior is empty and my ATO High float switch to monitor a sump overflow, so if you can give us the option of putting the ATO switch statuses on the display screen with a customizable the label that would be great. :D

And if you can easily accomplish that by this planned release, that would be nice too. But since this is Mothers day weekend, I don't want you to stress over it, if you would rather spend time with your Mom. ;)

Thanks for your help and consideration,
John
ok, i will see what i can do. it may just be a simple text display for the status of it initially and then improve or add graphical part of it later.
binder

Post by binder »

cosmith71 wrote:How about an option for 1 minute refreshes?

--Colin
That is simple enough to add. Nobody had suggested that yet but its easy to do.
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

Thanks. I have a dedicated tablet control panel on my tank so 1 minute would be great!

--Colin
enigma32

Post by enigma32 »

I've played with the pre-release for a bit.. seems very nice so far!

Question: Is there an option to hide the Daylight and Actinic control channels for those of us that have other fixtures? (in my case, AI Sol)

Minor bug in the last release that I can't test easily in the pre-release: After installing the app, before configuration has been completed, the app still tries to contact the controller (resulting in error notifications every now and then).
Current setup:
60g 24" custom cube (fish and softies right now)
AI Sol Blue, Ecotech MP-10wES
Coralife skimmer
100% customer controller, transitioning to ReefAngel
mudcat1

Post by mudcat1 »

enigma32 wrote:I've played with the pre-release for a bit.. seems very nice so far!

Question: Is there an option to hide the Daylight and Actinic control channels for those of us that have other fixtures? (in my case, AI Sol)

Minor bug in the last release that I can't test easily in the pre-release: After installing the app, before configuration has been completed, the app still tries to contact the controller (resulting in error notifications every now and then).
Enigma,
Yes, if you don't want to display the Daylight and Actinic control channels go to Settings -> Controller Information -> Controller: Visibility and uncheck Daylight Channel and Actinic Channel.
mudcat1

Post by mudcat1 »

Curt,
I doubt that it will help you with your Android coding, but I noticed that Roberto added the ability to customize the ATO status labels in the RA Portal.
RAPortal ATO Status.jpg
RAPortal ATO Status.jpg (17.17 KiB) Viewed 5158 times
binder

Post by binder »

enigma32 wrote:I've played with the pre-release for a bit.. seems very nice so far!

Hmmm,...I will have to check on this. I try to not have the app communicate until it is configured but I may be missing something. I will look more closely.
The first run configuration needs to be improved drastically and will be.

Thanks for the feedbak.
binder

Post by binder »

mudcat1 wrote:Curt,
I doubt that it will help you with your Android coding, but I noticed that Roberto added the ability to customize the ATO status labels in the RA Portal.
RAPortal ATO Status.jpg
That is good. I can pull those labels to be stored. I still have code in the ability to store and display the code but the portal labels can be downloaded and stored so you dont have to manually enter them.

What does the green circle mean and red circle mean? I know it has been posted before but I cant remember.
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

ATO Low: Red=open, green=closed

ATO Hi: Red=closed, green=open

I think. ;)

--Colin
enigma32

Post by enigma32 »

@mudcat1: Thanks! Don't know how I missed that...
Current setup:
60g 24" custom cube (fish and softies right now)
AI Sol Blue, Ecotech MP-10wES
Coralife skimmer
100% customer controller, transitioning to ReefAngel
Mike S

Post by Mike S »

Curt

Just a minor note on the new version. On my nexus 10 the text on the right "Main Relay" gets cut off on the controller screen.
mudcat1

Post by mudcat1 »

Mike S wrote:Curt

Just a minor note on the new version. On my nexus 10 the text on the right "Main Relay" gets cut off on the controller screen.
Part of the letter "y" in the word Main Relay is cut off on the right side of my LG-P999 smartphone too when on the controller screen.
binder

Post by binder »

yeah, if you are viewing the controller screen, the text to the right for main relay will get cut off a little. there's not much i can do about that because I use another library to handle that. it does it for all the text in that indicator bar o the right. I can check if there is anything i can do but I'm not sure.
binder

Post by binder »

cosmith71 wrote:Thanks. I have a dedicated tablet control panel on my tank so 1 minute would be great!

--Colin
Added and ready for next release.
binder

Post by binder »

enigma32 wrote: Minor bug in the last release that I can't test easily in the pre-release: After installing the app, before configuration has been completed, the app still tries to contact the controller (resulting in error notifications every now and then).
This should be fixed now. I switched the way the service runs and operates. There is no longer going to be a service running in the background. The service only starts up when prompted, runs and then stops (exactly like the auto update service).
binder

Post by binder »

I'm adding in the ATO port displaying now. I'm initially just going to have TEXT labels displaying the status, then moving on to mimic the portal with the RED/GREEN dots.

Just to be clear (because I always forget these no matter how many times I ask),

ATO value of 1 means that it is ACTIVE or ON and the dot is GREEN
ATO value of 0 means that it is INACTIVE or OFF and the dot is RED

Is this correct or do I have things backwards? I'm thinking it is correct because that is how it is displaying for me on the portal but I wanted some confirmation.
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

binder wrote:I'm adding in the ATO port displaying now. I'm initially just going to have TEXT labels displaying the status, then moving on to mimic the portal with the RED/GREEN dots.

Just to be clear (because I always forget these no matter how many times I ask),

ATO value of 1 means that it is ACTIVE or ON and the dot is GREEN
ATO value of 0 means that it is INACTIVE or OFF and the dot is RED

Is this correct or do I have things backwards? I'm thinking it is correct because that is how it is displaying for me on the portal but I wanted some confirmation.
ATOHigh is reversed from ATOLow. It confuses the heck out of me.

--Colin
binder

Post by binder »

cosmith71 wrote:ATOHigh is reversed from ATOLow. It confuses the heck out of me.
--Colin
Yeah, they are flipped in the StandardATO function.
binder

Post by binder »

Thanks for all the feedback. I just added a RC2 release for 0.9.0. (http://curtbinder.info/apps/) I fixed a lot of stuff you guys mentioned from the RC1 release. This is most likely going to be the final release. Feel free to install it if you like, it will still get updated when it's officially released through the Play Store.
I fixed:
  • Added 1 minute refresh interval
  • Fixed the PH label not showing up in the Labels Preferences
  • Stopped the service from running in the background. It only runs when necessary and stops. :)
  • Fixed the last letter in the Title Indicator from being cut off.
  • Added ATO High and Low status to the controller page
That's about all that I fixed over the weekend. Thanks again for all your feedback. Unless there's anything major with the app, this will probably be officially released in a couple days. :mrgreen:
mudcat1

Post by mudcat1 »

Curt,
I just install RC2. It looks great! Thank you for adding the ato float status. It also appears that you fixed all of the issues that I reported.
Thanks again,
John
dapg8gt

Post by dapg8gt »

EDIT:NEVERMIND FOUND IT ON PAGE 24:)

is my IP ok to use on away adress? Uverse router 2wire? Or do I need a dynamic ip?

Newbie here just need a point in the right direction of using this app. This is my first droid phone and I came from the iphone app that displayed all the relays and was able to use them. So is there a post describing what I have to do in order for the app to function? All I have now are the values of my controller. No relays even showing on the screen. I tried controller and portal option. Is there a step im missing somewhere? The iphone app was working and I have port forwarding right just need to know what else I have to do. Thanks in advance this galaxy s4 is nice but the learning curve from the iphone is huge
My other hobby has 450rwhp and eats tires instead of mysis!
rimai

Post by rimai »

ip is fine.
I use ip on my away profile, but I have static ip.
Roberto.
dapg8gt

Post by dapg8gt »

Would I have to check with my isp to see if I have a static ip? Or is there another way?
rimai

Post by rimai »

You would have to check with your ISP.
But if you have dynamic, it is easy to setup dyndns service.
A free one is www.dyndns.info, but doesn't integrate with routers :(
Check your router to see which ones can be directly integrated with it.
Roberto.
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

I use no-ip.com. There is a utility that installs on your PC and updates your address with them automatically as long as your pc is running. This eliminates the need for your router to be compatible with the DNS service.

--Colin
binder

Post by binder »

Just released to the Play Store. Be on the lookout. Also updated the screenshots on the Play Store. :ugeek:
dapg8gt

Post by dapg8gt »

Thanks for the info guys appreciate it. Ive been all good for a few days and havent had to change anything how often would the ip change if it was to?

Absolutely love the android app just downloaded the update and I still need to figure out how to use it(app) to its potential. Leaps and bounds above the iphone app. Great job OP thanks