Android Reef Angel Status

Community contributed apps
coolbird

Re: Android Reef Angel Status

Post by coolbird »

HI

Just installed the 0.9.2, it picked up the portal and labels straightaway, also picks up my relay expansion no problem.

The look of the download screen is a big improvement and will have a play with the app once I get home from work.

Thanks for all your efforts, much appreciated.

Dave
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

binder wrote:
Sacohen wrote:What are the Custom Variables and how do you use or set them up?
Custom variables are variables that you can have the controller set as you wish. So if you wanted to monitor a certain value that was your own thing, then you can program your controller to update one of the variables as you needed it to be. Then you can set an alert based on that value.
An example would be if you wanted to monitor the number of times your ATO switch was activated throughout the day. You could setup a counter that counts how many times it is triggered and update the variable appropriately.
There are other examples, but I cannot think of them off hand.
Can a Custom Variable be set up or used to create a command or button to disable the ATO while doing a drip acclimation?

What I was going to attempt next in the coding of the RA was a custom menu (a slight variation to the standard menu) that will disable the ATO while doing a drip acclimation and I would also like to be able to control it from the App.
binder wrote:
Sacohen wrote:Also how do you set up the dimming?
Channel 0 is the Actinic on the Relay box or does it have to be programmed?
I don't think I follow about setting up dimming. The 2 channels on the relay box are Actinic and Daylight PWM channels. Those are displayed on the main controller page. The Dimming page (dimming expansion module) is a separate module that contains 6 dimming channels.
In order to use the dimming, you have to adjust the value being output by the controller in the code. You would use the ReefAngel.PWM.SetActinic() or ReefAngel.PWM.SetDaylight() functions to set the values for the PWM channels.
OK. I mis-understood what the dimmer channels were, I know the ones on the relay are on the main screen. I was wondering if there was a way to adjust the percentage of the dimming channel from the App.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

The custom vars are read only. What i've done to interact with the ra from apps/portal is to use custom memory locations as a trigger, but most recently i now pretend to have a 3rd relay bar and use the outlets as my trigger. Its as easy as saying if box2_port1 is on then do drip acclimation stuff...
binder

Post by binder »

Sacohen wrote:
binder wrote:
Sacohen wrote:What are the Custom Variables and how do you use or set them up?
Custom variables are variables that you can have the controller set as you wish. So if you wanted to monitor a certain value that was your own thing, then you can program your controller to update one of the variables as you needed it to be. Then you can set an alert based on that value.
An example would be if you wanted to monitor the number of times your ATO switch was activated throughout the day. You could setup a counter that counts how many times it is triggered and update the variable appropriately.
There are other examples, but I cannot think of them off hand.
Can a Custom Variable be set up or used to create a command or button to disable the ATO while doing a drip acclimation?

What I was going to attempt next in the coding of the RA was a custom menu (a slight variation to the standard menu) that will disable the ATO while doing a drip acclimation and I would also like to be able to control it from the App.
binder wrote:
Sacohen wrote:Also how do you set up the dimming?
Channel 0 is the Actinic on the Relay box or does it have to be programmed?
I don't think I follow about setting up dimming. The 2 channels on the relay box are Actinic and Daylight PWM channels. Those are displayed on the main controller page. The Dimming page (dimming expansion module) is a separate module that contains 6 dimming channels.
In order to use the dimming, you have to adjust the value being output by the controller in the code. You would use the ReefAngel.PWM.SetActinic() or ReefAngel.PWM.SetDaylight() functions to set the values for the PWM channels.
OK. I mis-understood what the dimmer channels were, I know the ones on the relay are on the main screen. I was wondering if there was a way to adjust the percentage of the dimming channel from the App.
in order to change the pwm values, you need to change it from the internal memory page currently. i plan on fixing this later to use the new override commands in a future release.
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

binder wrote:in order to change the pwm values, you need to change it from the internal memory page currently. i plan on fixing this later to use the new override commands in a future release.
OK. Thanks.
binder

Post by binder »

if there has not been any issues for those of you who have tested the latest release candidate of the app, i plan on releasing it tonight for everyone.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

binder wrote:if there has not been any issues for those of you who have tested the latest release candidate of the app, i plan on releasing it tonight for everyone.

Sent from my Nexus 7

I haven't had any problems with it.
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

Well, one problem. I'm not sure the world IS READY FOR SUCH AWESOMENESS!!!! ;)

--Colin
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

Oh, and kitten backgrounds. Definitely need those for next release.
chapboogie

Post by chapboogie »

How do I set values for ato high/low?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
rimai

Post by rimai »

What do you mean with set value?
Roberto.
chapboogie

Post by chapboogie »

For the alerts on the app

binder

Post by binder »

chapboogie wrote:For the alerts on the app

goto the notifications menu entry.
click on the plus on the title bar.
select ato high or low for the parameter.
select equal for the condition.
select 1 or 0 for the value.

Sent from my Nexus 7
rimai

Post by rimai »

Hey Curt,
Just checking if you had the time to check the parsing to accept the PWM override tags.
Roberto.
binder

Post by binder »

rimai wrote:Hey Curt,
Just checking if you had the time to check the parsing to accept the PWM override tags.
Parsing the tags should work just fine and they will be ignored. I even added in some extra checks to ensure that new commands won't fail. It still needs to be improved, but should handle everything you throw at it now. :)
rimai

Post by rimai »

Awesome!!
I'm going to merge and test then.
I've added a few XML tags for next release too.
Roberto.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Cool.
I merged the PWM override to dev and tested :)
It doesn't not give errors anymore.
So, I guess I'm ready for another libs release.
Roberto.
topjimmy

Post by topjimmy »

Where does the android app get the date /time from? My RA has the correct time and date but the app is way off
binder

Post by binder »

topjimmy wrote:Where does the android app get the date /time from? My RA has the correct time and date but the app is way off
That depends. What date/time are you referring to?

If you are talking about the date/time that is displayed on the status screen (main screen), that is updated based on your current phone/tablet time. When the app gets the data from the RA, the data is stored into a database on the phone. When it is saved to the database on the phone, the app uses the phones current date/time.
However, if you are using the Portal for the device and retrieving the data from the Portal, the time that is stored is what is sent from the Portal. This time is usually the time on the Portal (unless Roberto has changed that).

If you are talking about the date/time from the Commands Page, the Get Date and Get Time buttons grab the Date and Time from the RA.
topjimmy

Post by topjimmy »

I am using the portal on away because I get connection errors using the controller (it works fine on my home network). The portal time is correct, and my touchpad time is set, but the app time is 3hrs 20m fast? I suppose it could be the version of the rom I am running.
binder

Post by binder »

topjimmy wrote:I am using the portal on away because I get connection errors using the controller (it works fine on my home network). The portal time is correct, and my touchpad time is set, but the app time is 3hrs 20m fast? I suppose it could be the version of the rom I am running.
Hmm...probably not anything to do with the rom you are running. it could be the timezone offset with the portal but i am not 100% positive.
rimai

Post by rimai »

I think the portal is setup to return GMT+0
Roberto.
Mike S

Post by Mike S »

I seem to have a connection issue when I'm off my home network. I'm using the same address for my away host as with the Portal. The portal updates fine but when I try to access it through Reef Angel Status on my away settings I get a Error 15: Timeout. It works fine on my home settings. Any ideas?
binder

Post by binder »

Depending on how fast you try to connect after the portal connects, you can encounter an issue. If there is a constant connection open to the controller, it doesn't always close the connection and handle new connections. That's all I've got really. I may try to increase the timeout or have the timeout be configurable. It currently waits 15s before timing out when trying to communicate.
oscarinw

Post by oscarinw »

Mike S wrote:I seem to have a connection issue when I'm off my home network. I'm using the same address for my away host as with the Portal. The portal updates fine but when I try to access it through Reef Angel Status on my away settings I get a Error 15: Timeout. It works fine on my home settings. Any ideas?

Mike,
I'm unfamiliar with your situation, so let me see if I can help. Have you accessed your controller from the internet yet or is this what you're struggling with?
If you haven't, you first need to setup a dynamic dns host on a web service. You need to point your wifi port to that host and then you will use that host address as your 'away' host. Since you are saying you are using the same host, I think you might have not setup your internet host yet.
If this is the case, I'll be glad to point you to a free service online...
Good luck with things!
Mike S

Post by Mike S »

Thanks guys

I've been using dydns as my host for a little over a year and it worked fine. I'm using that address in my portal settings and it works fine. Recently it just doesn't seem to want to work on the status app for some reason. I've done two things in the past month or two and the problems seemed to have started around then. First I finally got around to changing the code on my controller. It had been 6 months to a year since I had last made any changes and I'm pretty sure that I had to do a library update. Could it be a firmware issue with the wifi module? I'm noticing that I have to reboot the module frequently.

I'll mention the second item but I guess that isn't an issue. My galaxy note 2 recently died and had to be replaced. A system update was recently pushed out for it. I can't imagine that this would cause some of my recent issues.
oscarinw

Post by oscarinw »

Gotcha Mike. Yours is for the seniors of this forum.
binder

Post by binder »

i will try to look at it more closely tomorrow or later this week. or someone else can check more too.
bhazard

Post by bhazard »

Any chance of an update coming to support the Jebao/DC pump library functions in app?
binder

Post by binder »

bhazard wrote:Any chance of an update coming to support the Jebao/DC pump library functions in app?
i will be adding it at some point because i have one as well. i just have to wait for the libraries to stabilize with the functionality and sending the status. plus i need to get some free time to add it as well. i will keep you posted on here.

Sent from my iPad mini