Android Reef Angel Status

Community contributed apps
bhazard

Re: Android Reef Angel Status

Post by bhazard »

binder wrote:
bhazard wrote:Any chance of an update coming to support the Jebao/DC pump library functions in app?
i will be adding it at some point because i have one as well. i just have to wait for the libraries to stabilize with the functionality and sending the status. plus i need to get some free time to add it as well. i will keep you posted on here.

Sent from my iPad mini
Awesome! Thanks.

These DC pumps and the amount of control you get with the RA connected to them are the biggest innovation in reefing in awhile. I can't wait to run a return pump in wave modes.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

I don't know that you'd want your return in wave modes would be hell on your overflow and noisy :) would be cool though for those with dual returns using dual pumps. You can now adjust your flow to be in sync or have tide change :) I like what Roberto did tuning his drain pipe with it.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Can I also request something :)
I'd love to see dimming override implemented :mrgreen:
Roberto.
binder

Post by binder »

rimai wrote:Can I also request something :)
I'd love to see dimming override implemented :mrgreen:
Somehow I knew you were going to ask that as soon as I read the "can i also request something". Don't worry, that one is already on the list for the next release. 8-)
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

Keep getting error 15. Timeout error.
I posted about this issue before, but dropped it because it stopped happening.
I've been in the hospital with my mother the past week and the app keeps timing out.
I have wireless access in the hospital and can check things on the portal, but the app keeps timing out.
binder

Post by binder »

Sacohen wrote:Keep getting error 15. Timeout error.
I've been in the hospital with my mother the past week and the app keeps timing out.
I have wireless access in the hospital and can check things on the portal, but the app keeps timing out.
So you are using the hospital wifi network and it's timing out?
What happens when you get off of the hospital wifi network and use your phones network?
Can you access the controller's internal webpage directly from your phone?

It sounds like I need to add in the ability to change the timeout values that the app uses. I have the values hard coded in for Connection and Reading. Connection has a 15 second timeout and Reading from the controller is a 10 second timeout. So the Connection may need to be increased.
binder

Post by binder »

If I were to create a custom release build for you to have the ability to change the timeout values, would you be willing to try it? (I'm thinking you would based on previous early adoptions :smile: )
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

I would be glad to try it, but don't do it now.
I'm home right now and my mother is doing a bit better so I don't think there will be anymore nights at the hospital.
Next time I go back (maybe later today after a little sleep) I'll see what happens connected to the ATT network.

Thanks.
binder

Post by binder »

Sacohen wrote:I would be glad to try it, but don't do it now.
I'm home right now and my mother is doing a bit better so I don't think there will be anymore nights at the hospital.
Next time I go back (maybe later today after a little sleep) I'll see what happens connected to the ATT network.

Thanks.
Ok. Glad she is doing better.

Too late, already started adding this functionality into the app. It's needed anyways because other people have been having the timeouts and I figured this may help. :)
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

Thank you. She is doing better plus she will be hiring an aide to be with her in the hospital.

Let me know when you have the updated version and I'll try it when I go back to the hospital.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Hey Curt,

Can I also request a way to display the new XML tag "FLAG"??
Here is what each bit represents for easy access:

Code: Select all

#define ATOTimeOutFlag	0
#define OverheatFlag   	1
#define BusLockFlag   	2
#define LightsOnFlag   	3
#define LeakFlag		4
Roberto.
binder

Post by binder »

Where would these flags be displayed? How do they need to be displayed?
Initially, I'm thinking either on the main status / controller screen OR on a new flags screen and they have their own separate line item.
What do you think about that?
binder

Post by binder »

Sacohen wrote:Thank you. She is doing better plus she will be hiring an aide to be with her in the hospital.

Let me know when you have the updated version and I'll try it when I go back to the hospital.
I just uploaded 0.9.3 Beta 1. It's only got the connection and read timeout value additions. Nothing else is changed, so feel free to test out.
There's more that I will be adding but this is just a quick test for you and any others that think that have been having issues with timeouts.
rimai

Post by rimai »

binder wrote:Where would these flags be displayed? How do they need to be displayed?
Initially, I'm thinking either on the main status / controller screen OR on a new flags screen and they have their own separate line item.
What do you think about that?
Main status works.
It's mainly to check for ATO timeout or overheat.
Roberto.
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

binder wrote:
So you are using the hospital wifi network and it's timing out?
What happens when you get off of the hospital wifi network and use your phones network?
Can you access the controller's internal webpage directly from your phone?

It sounds like I need to add in the ability to change the timeout values that the app uses. I have the values hard coded in for Connection and Reading. Connection has a 15 second timeout and Reading from the controller is a 10 second timeout. So the Connection may need to be increased.
Fyi. At the hospital now and it's timing out on the hospital wifi, but on the ATT network it is fine.
Not a big issue because I don't think I'll be here that much anymore.
She is getting better and should be moved to a rehab center soon.
rimai

Post by rimai »

I think the hospital firewall blocks non standard communication (port 2000)
Roberto.
binder

Post by binder »

rimai wrote:I think the hospital firewall blocks non standard communication (port 2000)
yeah, I was just about to say something like that with the hospital probably blocking non standard ports.
billw

Post by billw »

I have a Samsung tablet and an HTC Evo sitting side by side and have many more timeouts/bad URL errors on the phone . Both inside the house on the home network but on the "away" URL? This leads me to believe that the networking implemented in the mobile devices isn't quite up to snuff.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy tablet - expect terse answers and typoes
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

rimai wrote:I think the hospital firewall blocks non standard communication (port 2000)
Makes sense.
Thanks.
topjimmy

Post by topjimmy »

Was the error 23:XML SAX Parser error fixed in the latest library update, or do I need to change the function in Globals? Reason being I get that error.

The app will fetch the library version, and the time, however the time that shows up on the main screen of the app is wrong (the part that says last updated) I can toggle everything on or off just fine also.
binder

Post by binder »

topjimmy wrote:Was the error 23:XML SAX Parser error fixed in the latest library update, or do I need to change the function in Globals? Reason being I get that error.

The app will fetch the library version, and the time, however the time that shows up on the main screen of the app is wrong (the part that says last updated) I can toggle everything on or off just fine also.
change what function?
the parser error should be fixed if you are running the latest version of the app. i added extra checks to fix the unhandled xml tags.

Sent from my iPad mini
topjimmy

Post by topjimmy »

I had searched for the error, and there was some function in the libraries that needed changed, but then I saw that it was for ver 1.06 of the Lib. Not sure why I get that error, or why the time is goofy. It makes no sense. Unless for some reason that update time is pulled from the ethernet shield I am using and not the actual RA head unit.
agentgreen

Post by agentgreen »

binder wrote:
topjimmy wrote:Was the error 23:XML SAX Parser error fixed in the latest library update, or do I need to change the function in Globals? Reason being I get that error.

change what function?
the parser error should be fixed if you are running the latest version of the app. i added extra checks to fix the unhandled xml tags.

Sent from my iPad mini
I am running version 0.9.2 of the app, and I believe version 1.0.7 of the libraries and I still get the XML parser error. I have to refresh a few times before it will update.
binder

Post by binder »

agentgreen wrote:
binder wrote:

change what function?

Sent from my iPad mini
I am running version 0.9.2 of the app, and I believe version 1.0.7 of the libraries and I still get the XML parser error. I have to refresh a few times before it will update.
are you connecting to the portal or directly to the controller? sounds like directly to the controller. hmmmm...this is peculiar. one thing though is you can enable the error retry to prevent you from being hassled with the error notification.

Sent from my iPad mini
agentgreen

Post by agentgreen »

I am connecting directly to the controller. Thanks for the error retry tip, didn't see that before and will help out.

You probably know this already, but the error I'm getting repeatedly is "Error 23: XML SAX Parser".

Any other information I can provide?
rimai

Post by rimai »

Can you post the "get e" dump from the wifi attachment?
You need to connect through tera term or putty to get that though.
I've seen in the past where the one setting needed to be increased.
Roberto.
agentgreen

Post by agentgreen »

get e

wifly-GSX Ver 4.00.1, Apr 19 2013 11:48:31 on RN-131
Beacon=100
Reboot=0
IF=UP
DHCP=ON
IP=192.168.1.112:2000
NM=255.255.255.0
GW=192.168.1.2
HOST=198.171.134.6:80
PROTO=TCP,
MTU=1524
FLAGS=0x6
TCPMODE=0x0
BACKUP=0.0.0.0
OPEN=
CLOSE=
REMOTE=
FlushSize=450
MatchChar=0
FlushTimer=10
IdleTimer=3
CmdChar=$
DNS=192.168.1.2
Name=www.reefangel.com
Backup=backup2
Lease=300
FTP=198.175.253.161:21
File=wifly-GSX.img
User=roving
Pass=Pass123
Dir=public
Timeout=80
FTP_mode=0x0
SSID=wideopenaccesspoint
Chan=0
ExtAnt=0
Join=1
Auth=OPEN
Mask=0x1fff
Rate=12, 24 Mb
Linkmon-Infra=0
Linkmon-AP=0
Passphrase=password
EAP_Id=
EAP_User=
SleepTmr=0
WakeTmr=0
Trigger=0x10
Autoconn=0
IoFunc=0x0
IoMask=0x20f0
IoValu=0x0
DebugReg=0x0
PrintLvl=0x0
LaunchStr=
TimeEna=0
TIMEADR=129.6.15.28:123
Zone=7
Baudrate=57600
Flow=0x0
Mode=0x2
Cmd_GPIO=0
JoinTmr=1000
Replace=0x24
DeviceId=ReefAngelWifi
Password=
Format=0x0
Signal=0
Average=5
BCAST=255.255.255.255:55555
Interval=0x7
Backup=0.0.0.0:0
Sensor=0x0
SensePwr=0x0
<4.00>

rimai

Post by rimai »

Try increasing the flush size

set c s 1420
Roberto.
alexwbush

Post by alexwbush »

this may have been mentioned, but maybe for a future update... if we can rename memory variables and select which ones we want to display when we pull up the memory, that would be awesome!
binder

Post by binder »

alexwbush wrote:this may have been mentioned, but maybe for a future update... if we can rename memory variables and select which ones we want to display when we pull up the memory, that would be awesome!
it has been mentioned and it is on my list of things to get added. actually I was creating a "favorites list" for memory locations. this way you still will have the full list available but also a reduced list of your most commonly used locations for quick access.
unfortunately I have been slow at getting it added.

Sent from my Nexus 7