cant get RAGen to install?

Community contributed apps
Fourseventeen

cant get RAGen to install?

Post by Fourseventeen »

I am trying to install this program so that I can get a feel for what I am about to dive into. I just ordered the Reef Angel today.
When I try to install the RAGen software from the web link provided on the site I keep getting install errors. I am letting the computer install it when it wants...I am not changing anything, just clicking NEXT. When it gets to the part where it wants to install I get
error opening file for writting:
C:\program files (x86)\reefangel generator\RAGen.exe
click abort, retry or cancel. I click retry and get the same error. I have tried this a dozen times without any success. Any help to get this installed would be appreciated.
Tank 1-34G RSM reef tank. Rapidled DIY premium 24 kit, Reef Angel, (2) Hydor Evolution 550's, Hydor slim skim, JBJ chiller. Tank 2- Ocanic BC14, nanocustoms ballasts, hydor nano, saphire skimmer.
rimai

Re: cant get RAGen to install?

Post by rimai »

Try the new one Curt has just release 10min ago
http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=377
Roberto.
Fourseventeen

Post by Fourseventeen »

that is the version I am trying. I keep getting the error mentioned above.
Tank 1-34G RSM reef tank. Rapidled DIY premium 24 kit, Reef Angel, (2) Hydor Evolution 550's, Hydor slim skim, JBJ chiller. Tank 2- Ocanic BC14, nanocustoms ballasts, hydor nano, saphire skimmer.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Are you installing as administrator?
Roberto.
binder

Post by binder »

Fourseventeen wrote:that is the version I am trying. I keep getting the error mentioned above.
What version of Windows are you running? Looks like maybe a 64 bit version. It should work with 64bit windows because I test it on Win7 64bit.

It sounds like you don't have permission to install / write to that folder C:\Program Files\ReefAngel Generator\. Could you verify that you have write permissions on that directory?

Also, check your task manager and make sure that you do not have RAGen.exe running. I would also suggest restarting your computer and seeing if that makes a difference. Sometimes if an error during install occurs, windows keeps things open/locked until you restart it.

curt
Fourseventeen

Post by Fourseventeen »

running windows 7 64. I will check the task manager as well as do a restart. I am the only user on the computer so I would assuming I would be admin on this comp?
rimai

Post by rimai »

Right-click the file and choose "Run as Administrator". It should have a blue and yellow shield icon on the side.
Roberto.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Oh, this just came to my mind.
I think it may be because you didn't intall the Reef Angel Installer.
You have to install it before installing RAGen.
Just click next on the part that says connect the controller and keep moving.
When you get the controller, simply install the Reef Angel Installer again to go through those steps.
Roberto.
Fourseventeen

Post by Fourseventeen »

ok got it figured out. I needed to save the file to my desktop, then open that file and install. Usually when I install software from the net I just click run and go through the steps.

Thanks for the help guys