Notification when a relay turns on or off.

Related to the Portal
Sacohen

Notification when a relay turns on or off.

Post by Sacohen »

I want to set a notification trigger in the portal to tell me when Relay6 turns on or off.

I see the R6, RON6 and ROFF6 in the drop down menu, but what should the <=, = or>= be set to and what goes in the field below?

Is it something like R6<=1.
Assuming 1 is on and 0 is off.
lnevo

Re: Notification when a relay turns on or off.

Post by lnevo »

Unfortunately those represent the entire relay bar...

What you can do is set a custom portal var and alert on that...

ReefAngel.CustomVar[0]=ReefAngel.Relay.Status(Port6)+1;

Then use C0>1 if you want to know when its on or C0<2 to be notified if it turns off.
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

Sounds Good Lee.
Thanks.
binder

Post by binder »

R6 also represents the 6th expansion relay box. R contains the data for the first relay box and you have to do bitmask checks on it to determine if the port is on or off.

the way lee suggested is probably the easiest way for you to accomplish what you want.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

It's not that big of a deal I was just looking for an easy way to know when the ATO kicks on after setting up that code of the De-Nit Chamber I want to watch everything for a little bit.

I set up a notification when the WL goes below 28% put that happens during the water exchange process so knowing when the actual port goes on would be better, but it was going to be e temporary thing and I'm pretty secure that everything has been working ok since setting up the code, so I don't really need it any more.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

There's probably a better way for you to monitor your process. We could set the same variable with different numbers based on the step that it is on. You could then set a notification when it's > 0 and the page would tell you what step you were in.

Keep in mind the portal only sends alerts every 15 minutes and only receives data every 5 so not sure how useful it is...
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

It's not necessary anymore. I just wanted to monitor it for a couple of days, but I know everything is working fine now so I don't need it. Thanks anyway.
Rita

Post by Rita »

So, I want to know if there's a blackout in my house (so the whole relay box turns off). I go to "Portal settings", I write my email address and then set R<2?