iOS7 issue with RA App

Community contributed apps
jjdezek

iOS7 issue with RA App

Post by jjdezek »

I downloaded the new iOS7 for my iPhone 5 and my RA app doesn't work right. When I pull up the main screen it won't show PH readings one time then the next it won't show the temp. The second screen shows everything off. Anyone else have these issues?
lnevo

Re: iOS7 issue with RA App

Post by lnevo »

I haven't upgraded yet... Also need to get the latest XCode and see if it's still the case recompiled for the new version. I'll try and find some time this weekend to check it out. Curt, we'll really need to get the app submitted soon so we can address this issue. Have you made any progress towards that yet?
ryanmell

Post by ryanmell »

same issue here, so if you haven't got ios 7 yet and use your phone for reefangel I would wait till the app is fied
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

I will not be able to install the latest Xcode on my machine. I am unable to get the latest version of MacOS on my old MacPro :( I am very sad. Unless someone else can take a look at the current code and see what's needed for iOS 7 and unless Curt makes some progress submitting it, the RA iPhone App is going to be a dead product...
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

And yeah, it seems the app is pretty broken as I just finished the iOS 7 upgrade... it looks like it's failing to parse the XML properly. For instance on the relay page, it gets the status for Relay Box 1, but it doesn't refresh the status for the 2nd relay box.

I know the original code is using some package for the XML parsing... maybe there's an update to it. I'll have to see what I can figure out..
jjdezek

Post by jjdezek »

That would be awesome if someone can figure it out.
Thavngr98

Post by Thavngr98 »

I had the same issue with PH. I rolled back to IOS6 for now and all is working again. I had some other apps that I use daily that were quirky with also led me to rolling back. Ill upgrade again down the road web everything gets worked out. I really liked the look of 7
-Dave

jjdezek

Post by jjdezek »

How do you roll back to ios6? I really don't like 7
Thavngr98

Post by Thavngr98 »

As long as you have a backup from prior to the upgrade on your computer and not the cloud you can follow this:
http://www.imore.com/how-downgrade-ios- ... back-ios-6
-Dave

binder

Post by binder »

lnevo wrote:I haven't upgraded yet... Also need to get the latest XCode and see if it's still the case recompiled for the new version. I'll try and find some time this weekend to check it out. Curt, we'll really need to get the app submitted soon so we can address this issue. Have you made any progress towards that yet?
I just updated my XCode to the latest and installed the SDK for iOS7. I have some time today that I'm going to attempt to look into getting it released. I have to update the icon for the app so it would be different than the existing one (I can't just use the same one because the current app already exists, etc).
So I will see how this works out. I, unfortunately, have been extremely busy with everything going on in my life that I haven't been able to look into this further. I will try to do what I can.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Nevermind my question in the previous thread since you answered here... good luck and obviously life comes first...
cgonser

Post by cgonser »

Is there anyway to take up a collection from users to pay someone to create an app for the iphone? I would gladly donate money to get everything working again( thinking others would too?!)
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Its not an issue of $$$ unless we are raising enough for me to get a new mac that supports latest xcode. And binder has enough time to submit and get approved. I think he's working pretty hard to get the issues resolved but its using a 3rd party xml parser and the errors aren't so straight forward.

Your best bet is to find someone who knows ios programming much better than us who understands RA as well...but I haven't seen anyone stepping up. Until then its best effort...

Maybe if it starts hurting sales Roberto will contract it out and build an official version ;)
binder

Post by binder »

correct. I've already got a developer account and have been flipping through things to try to get it working. the app is pretty ugly with the code and how things are handled. plus, I'm pretty sure it's errors are with the xml parsing like lnevo said. I am going to migrate it to a different parsing style most likely and see how that works out.
there can be other 3rd party libraries that are broken with it as well but I don't know for sure.
regardless, it will be a new app listed in the store since I don't have access to the original account that it was released under.
my apologies on the delay with getting it updated.

Sent from my Nexus 7
mikedizon

Post by mikedizon »

I have the same issue after I just updated with IOS7. Nothing works with the Ra iPhone apps.
I like the interface design the new IOS 7. But :( it has not been updated. I think the issue of paying
for developing an apple apple apps is not a problem as long as it been constantly maintained.
I hope someone can do this for the community. I've been using apple products like iphone from day one
so I don't intend to switch. Just because the iphone apps won't run on IOS 7.
I'm sure someone will see this an opportunity to create another iPhone apps that they can
Update constantly. I hope so.
d0lph1n

Post by d0lph1n »

Any update?
I finally fixed my RA and everything works great but the ios app.

Is there anything I can help you with? I have access to an iMac running the latest Mac OS.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Yes there's a new ReefAngel app in the appstore. Relay control is coming soon though..
d0lph1n

Post by d0lph1n »

Got it. Thanks. At least I can monitor the parameters. I'm looking forward for the next version.