Reef Angel Standard

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
ishtak

Reef Angel Standard

Post by ishtak »

Hey guys,

I have a problem with my Reef Angel. I added 2 dosing pumps and redid my code. Uploading code first time worked but I wanted to make a slight change so I uploaded it again. On that upload I got an error "avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x64". I tried switching the Reef Angel off to reload the code and now when it switches on nothing works. Pretty much every port is switched off and there is no display on the LCD.

Has anyone seen this before? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Justin
ishtak

Re: Reef Angel Standard

Post by ishtak »

Typical .. I search for 30 mins without finding any answers .. 5 minutes after posting I stumble across this post which mentions the reset pins inside .. voila :)

http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2903
binder

Post by binder »

lol. don't you just love it when that happens :-)

Sent from my Moto X
ishtak

Post by ishtak »

yea :)

After resetting it my LED lights are not working. I'm assuming I need to re upload the dimming code .. but now it is giving me the same error? Does the PWM code get installed the Reef Angel board or into the dimming module? by that I mean where is the code stored?

I've got a plus upgrade on order which I'm hoping will arrive by the end of the week. I'm gonna have to go through all this again!
rimai

Post by rimai »

The code is store in the RA itself.
You are talking about the dimming expansion module, right?
The newer dimming modules are not even reprogrammable anymore.
The older ones are reprogrammable, but very few people have used that feature and loaded a special code that was created by another user.
What reset pins?? Did you remove any jumper from the head unit. Your head unit needs the RST jumper to be able to be reprogrammable. If you remove it, you won't be able to reprogram it again.
It also needs the SDA and SCL jumpers to enable the expansion bus. Without those, the head unit can't communicate with any expansion modules.
Roberto.
ishtak

Post by ishtak »

Hey Roberto,

I removed the SDA and SCL jumpers, reloaded the code and then replaced the jumpers. That worked in getting the code loaded without getting the out of sync error.

My dimming module is just over a year old. When I got it I was able to upload code that simulates sunrise and sunset and does lightning storms and such. I'll play around with it again today to see if I can get that code reloaded as the LEDs have not turned on this morning. Android app shows all the dimming channels are at 0%.

Justin
ishtak

Post by ishtak »

Everything is back to normal .. I must have bumped the power cable going into the dimming hub. I rechecked all the connections this morning, reloaded the cod and voila .. everything is now working :)