Android Reef Angel Status

Community contributed apps
Francois

Re: Android Reef Angel Status

Post by Francois »

Guys please help, what can the problem be if your wifi updates the portal and your home internal ip address but you can't access your controller on away port even if your dns info is correct?When I log into dyndns website it says port 2000 is open, but the away port says, error 13 connection failed.
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

Port forwarding may not be set up on your router or your firewall in blocking the incoming request.
Francois

Post by Francois »

My port forwarding is setup correctly and port 2000 is open. Fire wall disabled and the reef angel portal and my internal home wifi connection is communicating with the controller. It's my dns that's giving problems for some reason and that's also setup correctly, if I go into my dyndns account and test the ports there, port 2000 is open.
binder

Post by binder »

Francois wrote:My port forwarding is setup correctly and port 2000 is open. Fire wall disabled and the reef angel portal and my internal home wifi connection is communicating with the controller. It's my dns that's giving problems for some reason and that's also setup correctly, if I go into my dyndns account and test the ports there, port 2000 is open.
only other suggestion would be to have somebody test it for you and see what they say. if you did that, i would suggest you private message the info to somebody the information.

you can also test out my test controller to verify your phone app is working. maxima.curtbinder.info and port 2000

Sent from my iPad mini
Francois

Post by Francois »

Thanx for the info curt, I got it sorted out. This is what I did. My dynamic dns account was at first registered at dyndns. I've registered a new accounct at no-ip and got the app to work, it seems it was the dyndns account that was giving problems.
Francois

Post by Francois »

And thanx for the awsome app Curt, we really appreciate your work going into this app.
dapg8gt

Post by dapg8gt »

Is there a user guide for the app anywhere floating around?

I want to know how to use the internal memory function for dosing pumps. I set them to relay 7&8 in the wizard but I believe I set everything to 0 due to my new tank was not needing it yet. I moved over my colony's and it's starting to come alive =)..

I know I can go on to the wizard or figure out how to code it in but I would like the ease of use and understand what the fields mean on the app.. I notice there is 4 options to choose from in the memory function on the app.. And would I just convert it to seconds and add it? What's the difference between the options. I see an on hour on minute I'm guessing that's what I use to have the doses spread out right..

Could someone point me in the right direction on this or a thread pertaining to it.. Idk why but I have issues finding things on this forum compared to others. I'm used to figuring it out on my own but this is one of those things I need to ask help with so I don't nuke my tank. Well the dosing pumps and anything else not on the wizard or covered in another thread lol..

Awesome app binder I'm loving it =).. Thanks in advance I'll go back on the hunt to see if I can get it figured out
My other hobby has 450rwhp and eats tires instead of mysis!
rimai

Post by rimai »

The first thing is to know which dosing function you are using and if you coded it as internal memory settings.
Can you post the function you are using?
Roberto.
binder

Post by binder »

In regards to what the values are in, it depends on what function are using like Roberto said. Some memory locations store the values for seconds, some for minutes or hours.

To use the memory location screen, just select the location from the drop down list or choose Custom to enter in your own location. If you are using a preselected field, the location type is handled for you. If you are using custom, you must specify whether it's an Int (2 storage locations) or Byte (1 storage location). If you don't follow with what I'm talking about, then don't worry because you are probably not using any custom locations.
Clicking the Read value button will query the value from the memory location on the controller.
Clicking the Write value button will store whatever value you have typed in the Value box on the controller and the controller will use that value the next time any function tries to read from that location.
dapg8gt

Post by dapg8gt »

Thanks for the response guys I'm using hours and minutes.. It says 20 for dosing pump 1 hour and 22 for dosing pump 2 hour.. And 0 for minutes for both.. Does that mean they are staggered by 2 hours? Or is it 8 pm and 10 pm? And I'm gathering all I do is add the minutes I need it to dose in the minutes field correct? What format is it in just minutes or seconds?

So say I need to dose hypothetically 3 ml ( pump puts out 1.5ml a min) I know it takes 2 minutes to dose it would I just add a 2 or would it be 120? And what does the hour represent time or duration to next dose.. Add it in seconds or hours? Thanks in advance I hope I didn't take away from the thread with a rookie question lol..
rimai

Post by rimai »

If you generated the code with the wizard, you are not using the hour and minute settings. Those were created for a one time dose function that never really took off.
You are probably using the DosingPumpRepeat1() function.
If you want to know which settings it used, you can look at the ReefAngel.cpp file.
Here it is on our github:
https://github.com/reefangel/Libraries/ ... .cpp#L1285
As you can see, it uses DP1RepeatInterval and DP1Timer and it calls another function called DosingPumpRepeat().
Interval is in minutes and timer is in seconds...
You can see the DosingPumpRepeat() function in the same ReefAngel.cpp file:
https://github.com/reefangel/Libraries/ ... .cpp#L1046
This is the
Roberto.
dapg8gt

Post by dapg8gt »

OK so I got it set up in my code in the wizard to dose for the amount of seconds every so odd minutes.. Which should work fine.. So when I go into the app and the memory function when I hit read value it shows a 0 in the timer and dosing pump repeat option.. I set it to what I think it should be for the minutes dp1repeat,and set the seconds in the timer dp1 timer in the app.

What's weird is it shows a value for the other dp option hour 20 & 22 for 1 & 2.. I think I got it right and I'm going to just let it dose into a cup for 24 hours and see where I'm at I just don't get why it didn't read the value.. Do I have to distinguish between the location and the byte? Or does it automatically choose the location just based off of memory on the controller? I'm just trying to take it easy at first with the wizard to get it running then I'll look into custom variables etc..

Thanks again guys I'm slowly getting this and I'm going to be adding more modules and more options onto it so I have a lot of reading to do =)
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

If you want to have it run from memory then you can't choose the values in the wizard... that's hard coded. It's best to verify the settings with hard coded and update them the way you did through the app. then convert your code through the wizard to use memory values. then test again and then you're set. Now when you want to update it you can do so through the app.
rimai

Post by rimai »

I think you should share the code you are using, this way we can explain better what we are talking about.
Roberto.
dapg8gt

Post by dapg8gt »

im going to start another thread And ill link it here. I dont want to take away from this one with my off topic questions
dapg8gt

Post by dapg8gt »

double post
binder

Post by binder »

I know it's been a while since there was a release (June I think). I wanted to let you all know that I am working on a facelift for the application. It's getting brought up to match the ever changing look of the Android environment. It won't have a better interface for tablets yet, but this will make the way for tablet improvements.

It will include:
  • Navigation drawer for switching sections (memory, errors, notifications, history, etc)
  • Still having the page swipes for all the screens but I may separate the screens to put the relays on a separate section to get to from the navigation drawer....still undecided
  • Light look with Reef Angel Blue accents....no more black and dark
  • Uniform colors for all the labels and text. I originally thought it would be cool to have the different colors but after years of using it, those colors are just too hard to read especially in bright light
  • New command additions coordinating with the new libraries
  • Plus other minor fixes
Now this might be something that gets released for Christmas or maybe the New Year depending on how my schedule works out. I'm shooting for soon though because I've been working out a lot of the details with a test app to make sure things will work and will be compatible.
On a side note, I am getting married next week which is why my time will be limited plus I am going on my honeymoon at the end of the year. So, like I said, I'm wanting to get things released before I leave. In addition to this, as many of you already know, I've been working on the new iOS 7 app as well. I'm working on getting an update for it out too. More about that on the other thread.

Anyways, just thought I'd let everybody know that I haven't forgotten about this app and I've got ideas and changes for it. I'll see if I can post a video or some updated screen shots when I get a chance. :ugeek:
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

Thanks Binder. Congratulations on the wedding and have a great honeymoon especially knowing that your tank is safe with Reef Angel. :)
rimai

Post by rimai »

Awesome!!
Congratz on the wedding :)
Roberto.
binder

Post by binder »

I'm working with a test app to get the layout and colors working properly. I decided to have a little fun and add in some Reef Angel branding. What do you think of this??
android drawer
android drawer
android-sample-drawer.png (48.25 KiB) Viewed 5577 times
I can switch the background to be all white, but I'm using the default Holo Light background color which is a light gray. The same light blue color for the selection will be in the swipe headers (as you can barely see behind the navigation drawer). I still have to make all the changes in the main app, but I figured I would give people a teaser for the "new look".
Feedback is always welcome. :geek:
rimai

Post by rimai »

Very nice :)
Roberto.
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

It looks good Binder. Can't wait for the finished update.
Paulweck

Post by Paulweck »

wow this looks awesome. i cant wait for this to be released.good work curt
ishtak

Post by ishtak »

Congrats on the wedding curt!

How difficult would it be to create widegts for putting the Reef Angel into certain modes .. ie a widget to switch on feeding mode or water change mode. Instead of going into the app, swiping left then hitting the feed button the lazy @ss in me wants to hit one button on my home screen :D
binder

Post by binder »

ishtak wrote:Congrats on the wedding curt!

How difficult would it be to create widegts for putting the Reef Angel into certain modes .. ie a widget to switch on feeding mode or water change mode. Instead of going into the app, swiping left then hitting the feed button the lazy @ss in me wants to hit one button on my home screen :D
Thanks everyone!

You know, I have not thought about command buttons as widgets. I will have to take a look at that and see what I can find out.

Sent from my Nexus 7
rimai

Post by rimai »

As an alternative for now, you can do that with a bookmark in your home screen:
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/googl ... n-android/
The web command for feeding is /mf and for water change is /mw
Roberto.
ishtak

Post by ishtak »

Thanks Roberto .. you've made the lazy @ss in me very happy :D
ecam

Post by ecam »

Hello All. Just started playing with this app. I love it.. compared to the old Apple one.

Question... Is there any graphs available here? If so, how do i get to it.
binder

Post by binder »

ecam wrote:Hello All. Just started playing with this app. I love it.. compared to the old Apple one.

Question... Is there any graphs available here? If so, how do i get to it.
there are currently no graphs available. all you can do is just view the historical values from the list and a pop up window.

Sent from my Moto X
binder

Post by binder »

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

I just released 0.9.3 with some minor updates. Most notably is the addition of the "Reboot" command and all the new memory locations. The list should be up to date now. Also there are settings for Read and Connection timeouts which means that you can alter them now if you were having timeout issues. The defaults are 15 seconds for the connection timeout and 10 seconds for the read timeout.