bigger tank

Talk about you and your tank/equipment
riggeek

bigger tank

Post by riggeek »

Looking for some feedback

When I update my tank I will have to add a 3rd led, but must tanks have a brace there. I was thinking about the kessel A360. Any ideas how to deal with this.

I also understand that that light does not turn all the way off with dimming. Is that correct?

Last question
How big of a jebao pump for a 72 inch wide 150 to 200 gallon tank?

Thanks
Riggeek
riggeek

ReEfnWrX

Re: bigger tank

Post by ReEfnWrX »

Multiple powerheads is always a better option... You get better coverage, and have redundancy if a power head fails..

I would recommend 2 WP40's for 150 or 200... Maybe a 3rd WP25 for the 200 for more coverage?
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

I agree with ReEfnWrX multiple powerheads is always better than a single and 2 40's should be plenty of movement for that size tank.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Maybe I'm overdoing :?
I have 4 powerheads on a 60g.
Roberto.
ReEfnWrX

Post by ReEfnWrX »

I hope they are WP10's lol

I just got my WP25 last week, waiting on Jebao cable. I may actually buy 3 more wp25's and take out the wp40... I was dumb founded at the size difference.....
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

Yeah, there's quite a diffence in size between the pumps.

Sent from my HTC One VX using Tapatalk
rimai

Post by rimai »

I saw the size in another post. WP-10 are so tiny. They didn't have them when I bought my samples.
I use 2x WP-25 and 2x MP-10
They are usually WP-25 at 50% and MP-10 at 70% on long pulse 2 minutes duration sync/antisync scheme and for a couple hours a day, when the lights peak, they go into short pulse at 100%.
Except for the 2nd MP-10 that just quit on me a few weeks back.
I was going to buy a new dry side but someone told me to just use a knife to open the seal and change the bearings, but I didn't have time yet.
Roberto.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

rimai wrote:I saw the size in another post. WP-10 are so tiny. They didn't have them when I bought my samples.
I use 2x WP-25 and 2x MP-10
They are usually WP-25 at 50% and MP-10 at 70% on long pulse 2 minutes duration sync/antisync scheme and for a couple hours a day, when the lights peak, they go into short pulse at 100%.
Except for the 2nd MP-10 that just quit on me a few weeks back.
I was going to buy a new dry side but someone told me to just use a knife to open the seal and change the bearings, but I didn't have time yet.
I have an MP-40 dry side that needed the bearings replaced. I screwed up the magnet trying to get them off since I didn't have the right tools. If you do, lmk, I have another drive shaft and the replacement bearings if you have the right stuff to do the swap lmk :) Regardless just be gentle with the magnet on the drive shaft it's not very durable.
riggeek

Post by riggeek »

Thanks for the info everyone.

Does each pump need it own analog control our will they run of the same pwm output with the adaptor for reefangel?
riggeek

rimai

Post by rimai »

Technically, you can connect more than one in the same channel, but they would be running the same wave form.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk
Roberto.