Analog relay box

Would you like to help?
Share your walkthrough tutorial with others
deputy1234

Analog relay box

Post by deputy1234 »

I have a an analog relay box and I want to change the dimming signal to analog. How do I do this?

My Reef Angel Libraries Version: 1.1.0

Thanks
rimai

Re: Analog relay box

Post by rimai »

Not sure I understand.
You have already an analog signal box.
Roberto.
deputy1234

Post by deputy1234 »

rimai wrote:Not sure I understand.
You have already an analog signal box.
Sorry, I should explain the issue I am having.

What I am trying to do is set up my evergrow D120 Led Lights to be controled by my reef Angel plus with analog relay box. I have the wires on my D120s to connect to the Reef Angel controller. The issue I am having is the controller not being able to dimming the leds. I can only control the lights off/on. I set up the dimming function using the wizard but did not save to the controller memory. I set the Daylight and Actinic dimming function to start from 0% to 50% but when the dimmer is at 0% the lights are on full strenth. There are no changes in the intensity of the light as the dimming % increases.

What I was trying to ask is there a different code for analog dimming?
rimai

Post by rimai »

Nope. It's coded the same.
For those fixtures, I'm pretty sure you need a meanwell driver in the middle.
Search our forums for D120 and you will find the thread.
Roberto.
deputy1234

Post by deputy1234 »

rimai wrote:Nope. It's coded the same.
For those fixtures, I'm pretty sure you need a meanwell driver in the middle.
Search our forums for D120 and you will find the thread.
I was following another post regarding this and others have had success with the driver that came with the light. No other driver was needed. http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.ph ... hilit=d120
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

You say on and off is working...you may have the pairs switched. One pair of wires need to be shorted to keep the unit on all the time. The other pair is for dimming.
deputy1234

Post by deputy1234 »

lnevo wrote:You say on and off is working...you may have the pairs switched. One pair of wires need to be shorted to keep the unit on all the time. The other pair is for dimming.
I opened up the driver and heres have i have the wires conntected.

VR+ ---> RA Dimming +
VR- ----> RA Dimming -
Vr-SW2 connected to +12V
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Either your dimmer is different than the one that was mentioned previously or you are missing something....

One pair needs to get shorted. This is the functionality on the dial that turns the unit on/off. Not sure if this is required for the older style D120 that has a seperate power switch. There should be no 12V connection that I'm aware.

Roberto, the units that you are referring to were not D120, they were a different style chinese light, but may be valid in this case if he's got a 12V in...?
deputy1234

Post by deputy1234 »

lnevo wrote:Either your dimmer is different than the one that was mentioned previously or you are missing something....

One pair needs to get shorted. This is the functionality on the dial that turns the unit on/off. Not sure if this is required for the older style D120 that has a seperate power switch. There should be no 12V connection that I'm aware.

Roberto, the units that you are referring to were not D120, they were a different style chinese light, but may be valid in this case if he's got a 12V in...?
See post 109 from the link this is the driiver and dimmer I have.

http://wamas.org/forums/topic/58230-int ... 20s/page-5
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

So the VR-SW should get shorted out (ie connected to each other...) It should not go to any 12V connection. This will make sure the UNIT stays ON all the time.
deputy1234

Post by deputy1234 »

lnevo wrote:So the VR-SW should get shorted out (ie connected to each other...) It should not go to any 12V connection. This will make sure the UNIT stays ON all the time.
From reading what is on the board, +12V is also VR-SW1 . Its labled +12V-D/ VR-SW from what I can see.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Pictures tell a thousand words...the one you referenced did not show anything involving 12V
howaboutme

Post by howaboutme »

I'm a member of WAMAS and know the person that tried this. I'm not an expert on this at all but I think some confusion could be because Evergrow changed their dimmer boards from the one that was posted earlier. If you're trying to replicate step by step with what was posted, see this post:

http://wamas.org/forums/topic/63974-has ... ontroller/

Starting on post #6.

Not sure if this helps but thought I would post just in case.
Jack