New Jebao RW Pumps

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
howaboutme

New Jebao RW Pumps

Post by howaboutme »

http://reefbuilders.com/2014/06/01/hand ... ng-system/

Anyone have these yet and can confirm they work normally on the RA w/ just the Jebao connector for the WP pumps?
Jack
rimai

Re: New Jebao RW Pumps

Post by rimai »

Manufacturer states it uses the same cable, so it should still work the same.
They are in holidays for a few days now, so I couldn't get my samples yet :(
I'm also trying to find out how they work wireless, but they have not been much helpful in that regard.
Roberto.
howaboutme

Post by howaboutme »

Thanks! Keep us posted.

Re: wireless...Wouldn't the antenna be in the controller? Part of hooking these pumps up to a controller is to eliminate the stock controller and gain more control. I'm curious how you think utilizing the wireless feature of the stock controller be helpful for anyone directly controlling these pumps with an RA?

Oh wait..just thinking out load..are you thinking that we can use the RF module to control the slaves? This way we don't have to connect each pump after the master to the controller, thereby saving space on the controller? Wouldn't we still need the stock controller on the slaves?

This is where I stop talking and let the people smarter than me take over. :D Thanks!
Jack
psirex

Post by psirex »

If wireless what is the point of the connection to the controller?

Super Samsung Device
rimai

Post by rimai »

I have not seen their pumps, but I imagine them working just like the vortechs.
You still need the slave controller that has a some sort of RF module inside.
If I can find out how to interface with their RF module, I can create an expansion module that would control the pumps wireless.
Roberto.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Everyone thinks the wireless means it has no wires. Same issue with Vortechs. I've seen so many threads where people complain, I thought this thing was wireless.... when dealing with the power plug and the driver.

The wireless infers that the two (or more) pumps communicate with each other wirelessely. Meaning they don't all get connected to one controller and have wires connecting them together to sync up.