Detect power outage with T2 or T3?

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
AlanM

Detect power outage with T2 or T3?

Post by AlanM »

Since the head can be powered with the USB adapter on T2 or T3 pins, is it possible to use these pins to read a digital high or low to detect power outages? Then the cable that comes with the head unit could be used directly as a power monitorf the relay box is plugged into a UPS as mine is.

If it is physically possible, i can mod the devel code to do it, I just dont know how they are physically connected.

I was planning to use one of the ATO pins, but it would be nice to save that for ATO.
lnevo

Re: Detect power outage with T2 or T3?

Post by lnevo »

Its not easier to save the ato pins for ato...the water level sensor is much better suited. On the question of temp ports would have to see from Roberto...but I've never heard that offered as a possibility, but who knows...
rimai

Post by rimai »

Not possible. They are directly connected to the power pins and not an input pin of the controller. The only pin you could use is the middle one, but you would loose the ability to read temp probes.
Roberto.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

OK. ATO pin it is. Here is what I just rigged up with an old USB charger cable, a 10k resistor, and a pn2222. Incidentally, the red was DC negative and the black was +5V. Now to test it.

AlanM

Post by AlanM »

works! Woot!