Portal Notification Manager

Community contributed apps
binder

Portal Notification Manager

Post by binder »

I just released to the Google Play Store what I am calling the Notification Manager for the Portal.

It gives you full control over your Notifications on the Portal. Check out my Google Plus post on it with screenshots.

https://plus.google.com/116490304417604 ... hHdMrGauPW
Screenshot_2014-09-28-11-50-27.png
Screenshot_2014-09-28-11-50-27.png (138.29 KiB) Viewed 11350 times
Lastly, here's the link to download it. (It will take a few hours to be available on the Play store....so sometime Sunday evening or Monday it should be ready to download).
rimai

Re: Portal Notification Manager

Post by rimai »

Nice :)
Roberto.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Wow... too bad it's for Android. Who wants to port it to the phonegap platform? :)

The last sent info is awesome. Roberto is there any way you can add that in the current portal or see a history page or something? Obviously you're publishing it somewhere. Would love to see a history somewhere.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Portal already has last sent.
Roberto.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Oh, would you look at that :)
binder

Post by binder »

I've published my source code on Github now. So if somebody wanted to "port" it to phonegap, feel free to do that. Or if they want to see how I handle getting the data and managing it on the portal.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Hey Curt, should the name be changed to include Reef Angel?
I searched reef angel on the play store and I couldn't find this.
I had to go to the status and look for more apps from you.
Roberto.
binder

Post by binder »

rimai wrote:Hey Curt, should the name be changed to include Reef Angel?
I searched reef angel on the play store and I couldn't find this.
I had to go to the status and look for more apps from you.
Yeah, i could do that. i thought about it as well but did not because i was focusing on brevity of the name.

i will look into updating the name to have it searchable by reef angel. :-)

Sent from my iPad mini
binder

Post by binder »

I just renamed it in the store to Reef Angel Notifications. So that should hopefully fix the search issue. It will take a few hours for the change to be shown, so we can check it again late tonight or tomorrow.
TanksNStuff

Post by TanksNStuff »

Hey Curt,
I downloaded this new app and added a couple notifications, but not sure if it's doing anything.

For example, I added a notification for: VT Nutrient Transport Mode (wanted to test to see if NTM begins after feeding mode ends... as I've added those instructions to my INO code).

Parameter: Vortech Mode
Condition: =
Value: 5.0

I then wanted to test this notification by manually changing my VT mode in the RA Status Android App. I know it went into NTM because I watched it change live and in person. However, I didn't get any notifications from the new app.

I also changed the Value to 3, 4, 6, etc. and tried a couple different values to make sure that wasn't the issue. Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

NOTE: My RA Version on my controller is 1.0.5 in case that makes a difference.

Maybe I just don't understand the purpose of the app... is it supposed to alert me on my phone? Send an email? Do something on the Portal?
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

It uses the portal notification. How long did you leave it in NTM mode? The RA only sends data every 5 minutes and then I think the portal only sends alerts every hour. It will send to the email set in the portal (if the app can set this then yeah the email will be sent to that...) The portal does not send SMS directly.
binder

Post by binder »

TanksNStuff wrote:Hey Curt,
I downloaded this new app and added a couple notifications, but not sure if it's doing anything.

For example, I added a notification for: VT Nutrient Transport Mode (wanted to test to see if NTM begins after feeding mode ends... as I've added those instructions to my INO code).

Parameter: Vortech Mode
Condition: =
Value: 5.0

I then wanted to test this notification by manually changing my VT mode in the RA Status Android App. I know it went into NTM because I watched it change live and in person. However, I didn't get any notifications from the new app.

I also changed the Value to 3, 4, 6, etc. and tried a couple different values to make sure that wasn't the issue. Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

NOTE: My RA Version on my controller is 1.0.5 in case that makes a difference.

Maybe I just don't understand the purpose of the app... is it supposed to alert me on my phone? Send an email? Do something on the Portal?
the new app only allows you to manage the notifications on the portal. it does not do anything on your phone. it also does not interface with my status app. the notifications will trigger based on the portals data.
like lee said, the portal can get data every 5 minutes from the controller which will then trigger the notifications that you set.

Sent from my iPad mini
TanksNStuff

Post by TanksNStuff »

That explains it then. I was expecting an immediate notification of some sort and only tried it for a minute or two then gave up on it.

I'll do some more testing for longer periods of time later on to see how it all works.

Thanks guys!
binder

Post by binder »

TanksNStuff wrote:That explains it then. I was expecting an immediate notification of some sort and only tried it for a minute or two then gave up on it.

I'll do some more testing for longer periods of time later on to see how it all works.

Thanks guys!
cool. this new app is a little misleading and was just geared at managing the portal triggers.
i may incorporate it into my app and allow the notifications to work the same.... or give people an option to import their portal notifications into the status app or allow them to export to the portal... not sure yet though. just depends on what people request and suggest.

Sent from my Moto X