Wifi module works for a few hours and then stops

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
oscarinw

Wifi module works for a few hours and then stops

Post by oscarinw »

I have a problem with my wifi module. The unit will configure alright via utility but will only work for a few hours before failing again. The only way to have it going again is to run the wifi utility from scratch.
A bit about my configuration:
I have a network that does not broadcast the SSID and it's secured via WEP2. Beyond that, the signal is very strong at the controller. Unit was working for about 10 months with no problem. Then stored it for a few weeks this last summer. About a month ago I tried setting it up but this problem arose. Tried updating firmware via utility but just made things worse. Roberto helped reverting via running a VeraTerm macro. Problem was resolved and it connected again. Only it kept disconnecting after a few hours of use.
Light continues to be the regular green blink. However, the connection is not there.
Any input or ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Piper

Re: Wifi module works for a few hours and then stops

Post by Piper »

oscarinw wrote:... Roberto helped reverting via running a VeraTerm macro. Problem was resolved and it connected again. Only it kept disconnecting after a few hours of use.
Light continues to be the regular green blink. However, the connection is not there.
Any input or ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks!
I had the same issue with mine. I used the TeraTerm macro as well and it continued to do the same thing. I think it was my third time using the Macro it finally worked. That was last week and it has been connected solid since. Try running the macro again and see if that helps.

Did you relocate the tank/controller by chance? Another thing that causes similar problems with the Wifi is other devices. Anything cordless like phones or what not that are near by and running on the same frequencies can cause cause havoc with the Wifi module.

~Charlie