Reef Angel Status apk running on Blackbery Z30...

Community contributed apps
bece13

Reef Angel Status apk running on Blackbery Z30...

Post by bece13 »

I installed Reef Angel Status v 1.0 apk on my Blackberry Z30 (BB10 OS) and is working fine on Home (connected over my home wireless network) and on Away (connected over an external wifi network). However is not working on Away connected over my data plan. When I tap on the refresh button nothing happens. Also tried to run the app on my Nexus 7 tablet connected to internet through my Z30 over data and it worked (away mode). So I believe it's not my mobile data provider. My feeling is that some functions in the apk might not be fully compatible with Blackberry way of running apks.

Thanks in advance for any ideeas?
binder

Re: Reef Angel Status apk running on Blackbery Z30...

Post by binder »

hmm. that is odd. the only difference between home and away modes is the host and port of the controller. what error message is being displayed?
have you tried to put your external ip/host in the home mode and run it that way?

Sent from my Moto X
bece13

Post by bece13 »

Home and away are working fine as long as I'm connected over wifi. As soon as turn off my wifi and try to connect over mobile data, the refresh button doesn't work anymore. I press it and nothing happens. No error messages. If I switch back to wifi everything is fine again.
binder

Post by binder »

there must be something that BB does differently with the device when using wifi vs mobile data. my app does not distinguish between the 2. the only thing with connectivity that my app does is it verifies that there is a network connection through the android calls to determine if there is network connectivity. if there is no connectivity, it displays a "toast"/popup message that says there is no internet connection and it does not proceed. i wonder if that is hanging up your device?
bece13

Post by bece13 »

Thanks Curt,
I know it's weird as I don't get any messages. Maybe the next version of BB OS 10.3 due to be released soon will fix the issue. I'll keep trying and I will let you know if I find anything. At least is working over wifi. :-)
binder

Post by binder »

ok cool. yeah I know bb does things differently. there were issues with the app not running in the past due to how bb handles android apks. guess we will just have to wait and see.

Sent from my Moto X