Portal not sending email alerts

Related to the Portal
sabo

Portal not sending email alerts

Post by sabo »

HI Folks, time for me to get my RA doing a bit more complicated things now that its been up and running well for a while doing the basics. I set some triggers in the portal and the portal says that it has been sending email alerts, yet I have not been getting any. Checked my junk folders and spam settings, and they arent showing up there. Also, can you add your mobile number in that section? I keep seeing people mentioning text alerts but I cant find any info on it. And lastly, whats the usage when you set the portal() bit to on? I havent uploaded my code to my controller with the key set yet but I will, just not sure exactly what that functionality is.

Thanks
rimai

Re: Portal not sending email alerts

Post by rimai »

Try resetting the triggers. See if it makes any difference.
Ask your cell provider. Usually it is like cellnumber@sprint.com
If you use key, make sure both your code and the portal has the same key or it won't work.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 with Tapatalk
Roberto.
sabo

Post by sabo »

OK, I'll reset them all. Silly me didn't realise it needs a email to text service. Of course Aussie providers don't offer it for free so I'll see if I can find a cheap reliable one.
sabo

Post by sabo »

I deleted them all and made just one temp one that's a degree lower than the tank so it should trigger. Nothing. Thought itight have been spam filtered at ISP level, so tried gmail. Still nothing. Don't know with I'm doing wrong.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Your controller is not sending data to the portal since about 7am GWT. Did you change the portal key or change anything in the controller?
Roberto.
sabo

Post by sabo »

I didn't notice that. Rebooted it and it appears to be working now. Have noticed it doing that before, even though I could still talk to it with the android app. Hope my Ethernet module hasn't decided to start dying. I had to get my neighbour to hard reset it the other day because I lost com's with it.