adding more than 3 dosing pumps using Wizard

Request new hardware or ideas for the controller
ahmedess

adding more than 3 dosing pumps using Wizard

Post by ahmedess »

I have 4 dosers because i dose Alk, Ca, Mg and vinegar. Every time i update I have to manually add my fourth dosing pump and add its memory locations and stuff.

I keep forgetting every time how to add the fourth dosing pump and it takes me sometime to figure out how to add it again into my code and libraries.

I've been wondering why we are limited by only 3 dosing pumps in the reefangel wizard. why cant we add more dosing pumps through wizard? could this feature be added in the future update. I am sure many other reef angel users would benefit from adding this option.
lnevo

Re: adding more than 3 dosing pumps using Wizard

Post by lnevo »

How many do we add? Its a lot of code to support and a lot of memory locations to store it. I agree it should be easier, but you may want 4, next person 5, etc. 3 is usually sufficient for most people. Not giving a hard time, whats needed though is a simpler way to add more. I'm working on that. Its actually partly in dev but not well documented, etc.
ahmedess

Post by ahmedess »

Why cant the wizard automatically adjust libraries, memory locations and the code according to number of extra dosers added?
binder

Post by binder »

ahmedess wrote:Why cant the wizard automatically adjust libraries, memory locations and the code according to number of extra dosers added?
there needs to be consistency in memory locations for the different apps. if the wizard changed the locations on the fly, then we wouldn't have consistency in the locations and we could modify the wrong locations accidentally from other apps.

Sent from my iPad mini
ahmedess

Post by ahmedess »

okay now i understand, thanks