Portal webcam URL

Related to the Portal
Sebyte

Portal webcam URL

Post by Sebyte »

I don't yet have a webcam for my setup but will be getting one soon. To test how it would work I added a live feed URL to the portal settings, and that is where it all went wrong :oops:

Now when I open the portal it loads the feed and then goes straight to the website URL that I entered in the settings. There appears to be no way of stopping this so that I can delete the URL.

Is there a way can I remove the URL from my portal configuration, or can this only be done by the administrator?

Own goal, sorry!
lnevo

Re: Portal webcam URL

Post by lnevo »

You can try opening portal settings before it loads or try turning off your webcam too...then you should be able to change it.
Sebyte

Post by Sebyte »

It loads and displays too quick to click on settings, I have been trying that all afternoon LOL.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Turn off your webcam. Then it should fail to load
Sebyte

Post by Sebyte »

That is the problem, I dont have a webcam. I entred the URL for a live feed from a website showing a live reef. As soon as the portal page opens the web page jumps to that site. There is no time to scroll down and click on the portal settings!
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Whats the name of the site? Put an entry into your hosts file for the site with a bogus ip address.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Oh wow :(
I can't change it either... I just shoots me to the other website. :evil:
I will have to log directly into the database and force a change through sql statement.
Roberto.
Sebyte

Post by Sebyte »

I am so sorry Roberto :oops:

Just wanted to see where on the portal page the feed would be positioned. I have embedded video feeds in webpages before such as Youtube streams, I can only think that this feed has a anti hijack code built in so that it cannot be used on other sites. If I am stupid enough to do this again I will take a close look at the code behind the URL first.

Thank you for removing the link and restoring the portal to me. I use it so much that it has become my main RA tool since Johns iPad app died.
DmnYnkee

Post by DmnYnkee »

What is the fix for this? I tried using Ustream broadcast, and now can't get to portal.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Yeah, I'll fix it for you tomorrow.
Roberto.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Fixed
Roberto.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Sebyte wrote:I am so sorry Roberto :oops:

Just wanted to see where on the portal page the feed would be positioned. I have embedded video feeds in webpages before such as Youtube streams, I can only think that this feed has a anti hijack code built in so that it cannot be used on other sites. If I am stupid enough to do this again I will take a close look at the code behind the URL first.

Thank you for removing the link and restoring the portal to me. I use it so much that it has become my main RA tool since Johns iPad app died.
Sebyte, get the U-App, it's sooo much better than the original iOS app...
DmnYnkee

Post by DmnYnkee »

Thanks much, Roberto!

Sorry for the extra work.
DmnYnkee

Post by DmnYnkee »

So, is it possible to use a Ustream broadcast within the portal?

This is my embed code that is generated by ustream.

Code: Select all

<iframe src="http://www.ustream.tv/embed/5757053?wmode=direct&ub=ff720a&lc=ff720a&oc=ffffff&uc=ffffff&volume=0" style="border: 0 none transparent;" frameborder="no" width="720" height="437"></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.ustream.tv/" style="padding: 2px 0px 4px; width: 400px; background: #ffffff; display: block; color: #000000; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10px; text-decoration: underline; text-align: center;" target="_blank">Live streaming video by Ustream</a>