Custom Web Chart

Related to the Portal
rimai

Re: Custom Web Chart

Post by rimai »

The portal plots data every 5 minutes.
For fast wavemaking, you won't be able to see it in the chart.
Roberto.
saf1

Post by saf1 »

rimai wrote:The portal plots data every 5 minutes.
For fast wavemaking, you won't be able to see it in the chart.
Ok. That makes sense. However, what I am seeing is both PWM A and D showing data and/or a pattern when the ReefAngel Client and physical RW in question is off. I'm not sure what data it is actually plotting then.

The tide code I have running now is:
if (tide.isIncoming()) {
ReefAngel.DCPump.DaylightChannel = None;
ReefAngel.DCPump.ActinicChannel = AntiSync;
}
else {
ReefAngel.DCPump.DaylightChannel = AntiSync;
ReefAngel.DCPump.ActinicChannel = None;
}

Then under the ///// Place your custom code below here I have:
ReefAngel.DCPump.SetMode( ReefCrest,45,10 );
rimai

Post by rimai »

It's plotting the reefcrest wave form.
It is a random waveform, just like what you see in the chart.
Every 5 minutes, the controller sends data. Whatever happens in between those 5 minutes won't be shown in the chart.
Roberto.
saf1

Post by saf1 »

rimai wrote:It's plotting the reefcrest wave form.
It is a random waveform, just like what you see in the chart.
Every 5 minutes, the controller sends data. Whatever happens in between those 5 minutes won't be shown in the chart.
Ok, I understand that. I guess the error is on my part somewhere then because what I was trying to figure out is why the graphs for PWM A and D are both showing data when only one is actually running. In this case PWM D.

I was assuming that tide.isIncoming with the if/else would power PWM D and have A set to off (that is actually what is running now). Then when the tide is outgoing it would swap D to off and A to on. So when I saw the graphs showing data for both it didn't make any sense to me. I've also only seen the PWM D running using this function so clearly I have something wrong.

Back to the drawing board :)
rimai

Post by rimai »

Ahh. Now I understand what you were asking.
The reason I think you are not getting a true representation of what is happening is because the graph won't lot zeros.
If you look at the chart for PWMA, the last plot was Thursday 1:45pm and then, it jumps to Friday 3:05pm. It doesn't show the zeros for that time frame in between.
Roberto.
saf1

Post by saf1 »

rimai wrote:Ahh. Now I understand what you were asking.
The reason I think you are not getting a true representation of what is happening is because the graph won't lot zeros.
If you look at the chart for PWMA, the last plot was Thursday 1:45pm and then, it jumps to Friday 3:05pm. It doesn't show the zeros for that time frame in between.
Ok, that makes sense(the light bulb light :) ). And sorry that I wasn't clear in asking the question.
saf1

Post by saf1 »

Actually, I think I have another error looking back at my code. If I set the ReefAngel.DCPump.DaylightChannel = None, that is applying no PWM signal, or 0(?)? Reading various threads today it appears the general thought is to leave them at 25 or so percent power?

If I truly wanted high and low tide or only one side performing the actual pattern then I'd probably need to disable/enable the relay box port with power. Or go back and use AntiSync/Sync unless the tidalSwell power it back up from 0.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Is there a URL I can use to get the Relay Data chart? Right now I'm using the filter R1 but would like to embed the Relay Data one that's on the portal instead.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Not yet.
Let me see if I can get that done.
Roberto.
rimai

Post by rimai »

See if it works now.
I added the ability to get single relays.
Use filter relayxy, where x is the relay box and the y is the port.
Examples:
relay2 - Main Box relay 2
relay15 - Exp Box 1 relay 5
Roberto.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Very nice