New to code ra and controls

Request new hardware or ideas for the controller
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:37 pm
Yes, but I don't understand your dimming map. everything is channel 1?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:38 pm
sry no currently will have dimming expansion pwm 0 for blue channel and pwm 1 for white channel .

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:23 pm
look like i need time change the location im using is 10 hours ahead of gmt and 14 hours ahead of me but my time has no bearing on the gps time right so i need to of set the time by 10 hours so since it is 10 hours ahead i need look like this
Code: Select all
sun.setOffset(10,-10); // this will add an hour to the sunrise and remove an hour from sunset

if thats right were does it go

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:30 pm
looks like 12 hours difference compared to internal memory . and i have location as great barrier reef and i know its normaly 12hrs of daylight but it has the daylights set to that. is that to much whites ?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:26 pm
I would do 12 hours for actinic and 8 for blues. Go by the recommendations on the fb group files section :) you can use the offsets to fine tune it. I flipped the latitude to the norther hemisphere so it would follow our season and then i swung the latitude over to mine, i probably should have use GMT longitude.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:24 am
since the gps location has daylights set for about 12 hrs is there a way to knock off 2 hours daylight from the sunrise and 2 hours from the sunset so i get estimated 8 hours daylights and still use the same gps
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:26 am
Set the actinic offset to 2 hours and it should do exactly that.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:41 am
Looks like it did thanks now I reset every thing to proper time that I want. I was looking at the moon time and the moon rise is right but not the moonset I don't think we added the moon code in . But currently no moon lights anyway so I'll wait till I get them to do that. Looks like one of the channels hasn't been going below 2% but I'll keep an eye on it I don't think it should matter though cus the relays still turn off so don't seem like should be a big deal I'll leave everything as is now and keep an eye on it and reorder parts to hook up the dimmers to the light.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:04 pm
You won' see it go to 0. The portal doesn't store 0s and it only gets data every 5 minutes from the controller. We didn't do anything in the code for moon that I recall if you added then let's see what you did. We can do that pretty easily. I have the same kind of time issues that the sunlocation class does in that it doesn't really account well for timezones etc. but the schedule should be roughly what real moon does. 12 hours of moonlight and if rise is 8am-8pm, next day should be 9am-9pm and continuing. I'd love to see more feedback on your findings. The Moon class is a reimplementation of some code I found so it doesn't have functionality like offsets and stuff, but we can figure out some ways if you want more control.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:52 pm
The time zone to get my time right for around 8-8 sunrise and sunset I had to use gmt +2 -35 longitude or +35 I can't remember but I used -18 latertude to simulate the great barrier reef. So far look ok. In paper atleast lol since it's at my mom's never really see it. But when I break my 75 down and start clean I'll get better watch on it. I think everything is ok now till I add moonlights, hook up my dimmers and add more floats or water levels do u prefer water level or floats . Water level seems like the pvc will take a lot of room can ra be coded for certain reading of water level like use one for return chamber low and shut off return pump and as well operating the ato low and high settings?
PreviousNext

Return to Requests