Universal App

Community contributed apps
ccwilke

Re: Universal App

Post by ccwilke »

I agree we need an update on the IOS app the android app is much better and that isn't right..LOL

But really I cannot connect over 3G tells me "settings.html time out"(only works when my phone is connected to the home wifi"I am using dyndns and when I use the exact settings on my friends Samsung it's working over 3G?
ewaldsreef

Post by ewaldsreef »

I must say this app is great for my aquarium maintenance accounts. The fact that I am able to add multiple tanks allows me to easily switch from one customer to another. It would be nice if it included a way to set alerts. That being said I am just happy with the ease of use. Is there a limit to how many tanks can be added?
Paul_Velasco

Post by Paul_Velasco »

rimai wrote:That will happen if your controller doesn't send data to the Portal and you are trying to download labels or chart data or something else from the Portal.
Make sure your code has this line:

Code: Select all

ReefAngel.Portal("treetopflyn");
Where do I put this piece of code? My app is not working and asking me for a forum name
rimai

Post by rimai »

I have sent the new revision to apple store to be tested under the testflight program before I release it.
If you would like to be part of the testing, please pm me your email address and name.
Roberto.
GiraffeCat

Post by GiraffeCat »

Is the UApp capable of being ported / going to be ported to a Windows 10 App, or should I just get a cheap Android tablet and tape it to my desk at work? From how you are all talking this app is very nice.

GC
.....Your forefathers wisely set aside their compassion - Steeled themselves for what needed to be done.......
rimai

Post by rimai »

It works as a standalone on your browser too.
http://www.reefangel.com/download/uapp.zip
You need to use the new dev branch of the libraries or update your current one.
Line 171 of Arduino\libraries\RA_Wifi\RA_Wifi.h should be:

const prog_char SERVER_HEADER1[] PROGMEM = "HTTP/1.1 200 OK\r\nServer: ReefAngel\r\nCache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate\r\nPragma: no-cache\r\nAccess-Control-Allow-Origin: *\r\nAccess-Control-Allow-Methods: GET\r\nConnection: close\r\nContent-Type: text/";
It will enable CORS so the browser can make cross origin requests.
Let me know if it works.
You must be aware that I have only tested on Google Chrome as browser. I know for a fact that IE9 doesn't work.
Roberto.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Oh cool development! That means I can start playing with the code to run on my server instead to test changes! Nice!
Yilian

Post by Yilian »

Yeah... I sent mine transparent and that's probably what is causing the issue. :D :D :D
bboss

Post by bboss »

I have just updated my iPad to version iOS 9.2 this morning. Reload Reef Angel U-App and it is working flawlessly now; I had Status timeout problems previously.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Hey Lee,
You mentioned that you had issues resolving DDNS once on this new UApp and then you said it worked fine later.
What did you do?
There is another user that is having this too.
I still have not had time to dig into it.
Roberto.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

I'm not sure. I had some issues in the beginning. Now it's working, but I've used both. Looks like I'm currently using IP. I'll have to play around and see if I'm still having problems or not.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

It is working ok. Have him test in his browser. Also is he using the test one or the previous release?
Ferdi

Post by Ferdi »

rimai wrote:Hey Lee,
You mentioned that you had issues resolving DDNS once on this new UApp and then you said it worked fine later.
What did you do?
There is another user that is having this too.
I still have not had time to dig into it.
Hi all,

I think Roberto is refering to me☺️

What i did, i cut an patse the old libraries and created a folder REEFANGEL on my desktop and pasted in there. Copied and paste the dev libraries in where Roberto said it must go. Have the same issue with the dev version.

If i use my internal ip 10.0.0.100 it works perfect
If i use my external ip 105.184.169... it works perfect
When i use my online2849811.mydns.telkomsa.net it gives an immediate error "status.html Timeout"

It worked perfect until i restarted my router and my airportextreme together. The first time i started to use my online2849811.mydns.telkomsa.net it also didnt want to connect and then the guy that helped me setup my online2849811.mydns.telkomsa.net used his android phone to connect and then all of a sudden my iphone worked aswell.

I have tried to delete the app and re install but every time i get the same error. He can still access everything with his android phone.

Hope above makes sense
lnevo

Universal App

Post by lnevo »

How long has it been that way? Maybe try resetting network settings on your phone. Sounds like something stuck in cache. Could also be a dns propogation issue. Maybe you could try the reefangel dynamic dns?

Also what happens when you browse to your DNS name in Safari on your phone.

Try http://dnsnmae:2000/wifi
Ferdi

Post by Ferdi »

lnevo wrote:How long has it been that way? Maybe try resetting network settings on your phone. Sounds like something stuck in cache. Could also be a dns propogation issue. Maybe you could try the reefangel dynamic dns?

Also what happens when you browse to your DNS name in Safari on your phone.

Try http://dnsnmae:2000/wifi
Hi lnevo,

Its been doing this for about 2 weeks now.
Reset network setting and still no luck.
How do i set up the ReefAngel dynamic dns as when i click on the link you provided i get "safari cannot open the page because the server cannot be found"

Also tried it on my ipad, wife's iphone and ipad. All the same errors.
rimai

Post by rimai »

I can't resolve that DNS entry.

C:\Users\Owner>nslookup online2849811.mydns.telkomsa.net
Server:  UnKnown
Address:  192.168.1.1

*** UnKnown can't find online2849811.mydns.telkomsa.net: Non-existent domain
Are you sure it is setup correctly?
Roberto.
Ferdi

Post by Ferdi »

rimai wrote:I can't resolve that DNS entry.

C:\Users\Owner>nslookup online2849811.mydns.telkomsa.net
Server:  UnKnown
Address:  192.168.1.1

*** UnKnown can't find online2849811.mydns.telkomsa.net: Non-existent domain
Are you sure it is setup correctly?
Hi Roberto,

Will message you all my details.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

I gave the url as an example. Change dnsname to your name.
Ferdi

Post by Ferdi »

lnevo wrote:I gave the url as an example. Change dnsname to your name.
Get the same error.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

The the dns isn't working properly. It may be working for the customer service guy cause he is probably on their network. I would suggest trying a different DDNS service. You could use the RA one, would need to look up how though, I don't use it (i need to try)
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

The the dns isn't working properly. It may be working for the customer service guy cause he is probably on their network. I would suggest trying a different DDNS service. You could use the RA one, would need to look up how though, I don't use it (i need to try)
Ferdi

Post by Ferdi »

lnevo wrote:The the dns isn't working properly. It may be working for the customer service guy cause he is probably on their network. I would suggest trying a different DDNS service. You could use the RA one, would need to look up how though, I don't use it (i need to try)
Roberto and lnevo,

In the end it was my DDNS that wasn't working. i was wrong and i humbly apologize to both of you and also for putting you on a wild goose chase. :oops:

There is a link for everyone thats struggling with DDNS service. Follow this link viewtopic.php?t=4754
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

No worries. Glad you got it working!
GiraffeCat

Post by GiraffeCat »

rimai wrote:It works as a standalone on your browser too.
http://www.reefangel.com/download/uapp.zip
You need to use the new dev branch of the libraries or update your current one.
Line 171 of Arduino\libraries\RA_Wifi\RA_Wifi.h should be:

const prog_char SERVER_HEADER1[] PROGMEM = "HTTP/1.1 200 OK\r\nServer: ReefAngel\r\nCache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate\r\nPragma: no-cache\r\nAccess-Control-Allow-Origin: *\r\nAccess-Control-Allow-Methods: GET\r\nConnection: close\r\nContent-Type: text/";
It will enable CORS so the browser can make cross origin requests.
Let me know if it works.
You must be aware that I have only tested on Google Chrome as browser. I know for a fact that IE9 doesn't work.

Okay. I am running 1.1.3, and line 171 matches in RA_Wifi.h. What do I do with all of the items in the zip file, and where do I navigate to in a browser?

Thank you for leading the blind,

Dan
.....Your forefathers wisely set aside their compassion - Steeled themselves for what needed to be done.......
rimai

Post by rimai »

If you are running the new libraries, just browse to the internal Webster very uapp.
http://ipaddress:2000/WiFi
Roberto.
GiraffeCat

Post by GiraffeCat »

rimai wrote:If you are running the new libraries, just browse to the internal Webster very uapp.
http://ipaddress:2000/WiFi
Tried on IE11, Edge, and Amazon Silk. All of them took forever to get the initial page to load. I can enter my controller specifics okay, but on the Status page it stays on "Cloud Server: Connecting..." Any thoughts? Also, what does it mean when it says "Reef Angel Star Board is required"?

Thanks,
Dan
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

It means take out the cloud server settings. Its for a board not yet released
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

What is the cloud server board?

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk
bboss

Post by bboss »

GiraffeCat wrote:
Tried on IE11, Edge, and Amazon Silk. All of them took forever to get the initial page to load. I can enter my controller specifics okay, but on the Status page it stays on "Cloud Server: Connecting..." Any thoughts? Also, what does it mean when it says "Reef Angel Star Board is required"?
I have the similar problem with my iPad iOS Uapp since updated to the new iOS release this morning. The status page just display "cloud server: connecting..., Last updated: Never, Forum username: unknown" and never connected. When I tried to access through Safari, it took a long time but eventually connected.

Portal, Android tablet Reef Status are both working fine.

Currently my iPad is running iOS 9.2.1, Reef Angel Uapp 2.0.5, RA Version 1.1.3.
rimai

Post by rimai »

If it says cloud server connecting, you entered something in the cloud server field. You must remove it or the app will try to connect through the cloud server and your controller is not capable.
The cloud server is a feature that will be used on a board not yet released.
I'm going to remove that from the app, since it is causing so much confusion.
So, make sure you don't use the cloud server settings or you will never be able to make the app work for you.
Roberto.