Automatic water change

Ismaclst

Automatic water change

Post by Ismaclst »

I'm thinking about doing an automatic water change system. I would be using a dual head peristaltic pump set for so many minutes a day to pump in fresh saltwater while it pumps out the old saltwater. Does anyone have some good recommendations on what brands of pump to use? I looked into the stenners but they are kinda pricey.
lnevo

Re: Automatic water change

Post by lnevo »

I just started doing a gallon a day for the past 10 days in 1/4g increments 4 times a day. Tank is doing very nicely. I'm using an Amatek triple head peristaltic pump that we found on ebay 2 years ago at a steal for $40. It was a steal. A few of us on RC managed to get. If i had to replace I'd get a stenner.
Ismaclst

Post by Ismaclst »

Ok, thanks. I think I've narrowed it down to two, the stenner and the reef-filler. Only problem with a dual head reef filler, is finding one.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Never heard of the second one. Interested if you get more details. I think most are going for the cole parmer or stenners
Ismaclst

Post by Ismaclst »

http://www.championlighting.com/home.php?cat=1113Here is a link to them. This is the only place I've found them but they only sell the single head units.
Ismaclst

Post by Ismaclst »

Nice thing about the reef filler is that there is no tubing to replace.